Halloween MegaDive @ Ginnie Springs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPSEAWOLF

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
You're cordially invited to join in the opening festivities of a new type of dive shop! (Mostly a tax write-off)
"Visions of Atlantis" invites you to a Pre-Opening party at Ginnie Springs on Saturday, October 30, 2004. We will be setting up the grill for the barbecue at campsites # 40, 41 at 10 am. Games for kids will be available during the day and costumes are encouraged.

**UPDATE**

As of Thursday 10/27, Ginnie Springs is open and will stll be the site for the Halloween Megadive.
Call Ken if you have any questions.

All fees are per the site of:
http://www.Ginniespringsoutdoors.com
Reservations for campsites must be made through them.
All fees to be paid at their office.

Camp fees:
Adults - $16/person/night (+ $6/site/night for electric)
Kids (ages 7-14) - $6/person/night

Day entry/dive fees:
Certified Cave Divers - $20/diver/day
All other Divers - $27/diver/day
Bubblewatcher Adults - $10/person/day
Kids (ages 7-14) - $3/person/day

You may bring food or drinks to contribute if you wish, but not mandatory.
Show up, eat, dive, swim, and have fun! :dazzler1:

Contact Ken Adams (DeepSeaWolf) for more information.
(352)376-8059 Hm
(352)281-4879 Cl

It was actually pretty funny. I called Ginnie Springs to set my campsite reservations...
I told her I will be doing this under a business name...
"Visions of Atlantis." The young lady said "OK have you ever been here before?" I snickered and said, "My name is Ken Adams." She said, "I've heard that name before." I tried not to laugh and replied,"I was better known for organizing the SCUBABOARD Party." She replied," Oh THAT'S who you are!" Not sure if this was a good thing, I told her we were simplifying things and explained how it's more of a regular thing except for the campsites I was reserving.
Now that we are KNOWN... After this Hurricane blows over, I will be buying the grill and start stocking the pantry for the par-tay!

I have scoured previous posts in all the threads and have come up with a tentative guest list. All this is for, is to give people an idea who may be attending, and me an idea how much food to buy. If my paper house is intact after the storm, I have most of the supplies we will need. Suggestions on what to bring are: chicken leg quarters, side dishes, and "personal drinks." This will be a BYOB for alcohol. The BBQ will actually be at the campsite. It will make cooking easier and we will have a tarp shelter erected for sun/rain protection. This is cheaper than renting a pavillon and does not require a deposit. Also we don't have to transport stuff back and forth, making it less time consuming and more fun.
As for the guest list. I will get with a mod to have it added to the first post in this thread. For all updates, direct everyone to the FIRST POST in this thread! I will keep it updated so nobody has to read through a million posts should they arise.
Doing this under my business name will now allow us to get together more often as it is a business expense for me. I also get to take more dive classes as a business related expense. Gotta love the free enterprise system!
Let's get ready to PAR-TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!

Updated: October 4, 2004

and now in the category of "I posted it because Ken told me to" is the following guest list:

Adder70
CardZard
Cbulla
Cra2
Cth6
DeepSeaWolf
Fgray1
Fun2Chase
Gibbon
GrierPharmD
H2Andy
Jviehe
Kbeck
MakinBubbles
Maneater
Mavjax
SCBABabe
Scubafool
ScubaJenny
Simbrooks
SmokeAire
Virus
Wildbill
Wings
Zuzanne
8Buck

New Additions:

DragRacer
Dutchfin
Madeline
OrlandoRogue
SuperBeetleMan
SuprBugMan

At's right litlun! Post me scribblins ar ya be walkin tha plank! I'll tangle yer dive reel and hang ye from the crow's nest by yer speed fins! Dadburned sharks are almost as bad as lawyers! Thanks fer yer help matie. I'll be givin ya a bit o' slack fer that one.

I would like to come, I'll hopefully be Intro to Cave Certified by that time. Might have a friend along ,but she is not cavern, she is AOW certified. Maybe I can talk SmokeAire into doing a few Intro to Cave dives with me at that time :). We will rent a camp-site for at least one night, since I have my own tent. I'll be happy to bring any food needed. Just let me know what you're lacking as the day grows closer.
PS-Simbrooks can't make it. He'll be entertaining his mum in Southwest Florida.

Got it! Thanks for the info. I'll be updating that list at the end of this month so we don't overload Andy's brain. :) Easier on the organizer of this thing, too. He has a short memory. Whoever he is. Ginnie said they don't usually fill up on capers that weekend, but make rez early anyway. I have #40, 41, and if you don't need electric, there is lots of adjacent camping with just water available. I'll get my maps out after the next storm blows over and scan them into the first thread. I know sites #42-44 were close and were good sights. If somebody is bringing a LARGE RV, I can work with you on site 41. Aside from that, I'd like to keep it so we have plenty of open space for the kids to play and still be clear of food and fire. There are other large sites nearby as well, depending on how close you want to be to the late night chatter. Commence au festival!

I'll be going.

I'll have a buddy that goes by superbeetleman(just registered here) that will be going as well. May have more friends going, I'll post again when I know for sure. Sounds like a great time, let me know what other food items may need to be brought, we'd love to contribute!

As previously noted, i will not be coming along. I am otherwise occupied looking after my mother as she comes to visit! Andy - time to start updating that list. I do wish i were going, but this date is pretty set in stone. Have fun, will be wishing i was wet all weekend (and the following one as well)!! :wink:

simbrooks:
As previously noted, i will not be coming along. I am otherwise occupied looking after my mother as she comes to visit! Andy - time to start updating that list. I do wish i were going, but this date is pretty set in stone. Have fun, will be wishing i was wet all weekend (and the following one as well)!! :wink:
:07: What could be better:)

OrlandoRogue:
I would like to come, I'll hopefully be Intro to Cave Certified by that time. Might have a friend along ,but she is not cavern, she is AOW certified. Maybe I can talk SmokeAire into doing a few Intro to Cave dives with me at that time :). We will rent a camp-site for at least one night, since I have my own tent. I'll be happy to bring any food needed. Just let me know what you're lacking as the day grows closer.
PS-Simbrooks can't make it. He'll be entertaining his mum in Southwest Florida.
Just found this post. I would be more than happy to dive with you even if it's only Cavern. Sorry Simon won't be able to make it. Now you guys have a goal for your Intro cert.

Chuck

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom