Halftime Tissue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gehadoski

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all

I don't know that if I spelled it right or not, I just want to make sure that I understand it correctly. I think that this means that the nitrogen time of the magor 5 cells will be 60 min on 60 feet. right?

I have no idea what you're talking about so I'll just give you some general information and see if that covers your question:

Most of the Haldane models are based on a number of "compartments" (12 or 16) and each compartment has it's own 1/2 time and it's own M value. The 1/2 time controls how fast a compartment fills or empties and the M value controls conservatism and supersaturation rates (ceilings and ascent profiles)

You can think the whole model as a deck of 16 differnt cards, each one unique.

Only one compartment (one card) will have the highest saturation state at a time. That's the controlling compartment and that's the one your computer shows you.

Imagine your computer as a sort of shuffler that always keeps the "most interesting" card on the top of the deck. The rest still get calculated but you only see one at a time. As your profile changes, your computer may shuffle a different card to teh top of the deck.

Does that clear up your question a bit?

R..

that was exactly what I am asking about. Thanks alot that was very helpful. I think that at first when the American Navy start the scuba Diving and starts to calculate the halftime tissue, At that time there was only 5 compartments representing the major 5 tissues in the body which I think (bone, skin, cartliges, muscles, another one but I don't remember it).

gehadoski:
I think that at first when the American Navy start the scuba Diving and starts to calculate the halftime tissue, At that time there was only 5 compartments representing the major 5 tissues in the body which I think (bone, skin, cartliges, muscles, another one but I don't remember it).
Don't view them as tissues ... think of them as compartments for math purposes only. While a few have stated certain compartments represent certain tissues, they are not really thought of as representing a certain tissue or part of the body and are just for math purposes in calculating time limits or decompression stops.

DepartureDiver:
Don't view them as tissues ... think of them as compartments for math purposes only. While a few have stated certain compartments represent certain tissues, they are not really thought of as representing a certain tissue or part of the body and are just for math purposes in calculating time limits or decompression stops.

Know I understand, thanks alot for the information. You were really helpful. Thanks alo for your time. I will do more research about that subject, if there is anything I don't understand I will ask you. Once again thanks for everything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom