Halcyons new Halo (?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will do that next week when I can throw up some pics.

But for now, back to the Halcyon stuff.

I assembled my first Halcyon reg set last week and checked the IP. It is 140 at 3000 and 150 at 1000.

Is that acceptable as long as the firsts are tuned to the 150?

Seems a bit high for me and yes, I know this design swings like 20psi from top to bottom.

You can even see the IP in that photo. Also, I changed one thing, I flipped the first and moved the hoses so the bump cap is on top. I realized afterwards this isn't a Piston and I don't have to route thing Monterrey style.

Attachments

• IMG_2817.JPG
    IMG_2817.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 187
Is that acceptable as long as the firsts seconds are tuned to the 150?

If it's acceptable to you yes; however the (SP) specs for the IP to be 130-145 psi. Why not adjust it down into that window? It only takes a turn of the adjustment screw and a bit of purging.

If it's acceptable to you yes; however the (SP) specs for the IP to be 130-145 psi. Why not adjust it down into that window? It only takes a turn of the adjustment screw and a bit of purging.

Seconds, duh!

My understanding is it isn't as simple as on my MK-16. I have to open the environmental seal(which the 16 lacks) and I don't have any MK-17 specific tools.

I think all you need is a hook spanner (or the SP multi tool) and a big ass Crescent wrench.

Attachments

• MK17-2009-09.pdf
    62 KB · Views: 178
I found a video online:
Looks easy enough. He adjusts it at the end, My problem is getting the damn cap off without resorting to extreme force. There must be a trick I am missing. The rest I have the spanner and tools to cover.

Mission Accomplished.

That video made it a snap.

I set the IP at 3K at 125 and it read 135 at 1k on the other cylinder.

I adjusted the cracking pressure on the 2nds at 135/1K.

That set is assembled. Just waiting for a hose in the second one.

Back
Top Bottom