Halcyon Rocks!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I have bunch of Halcyon stuff... and yes it is premium prices... but it is primo stuff!!!

And they support their customers.

They exchanged my old 10w HID lighthead with a new one at no charge since I had a history of striking problems.

The new bulb broke after several dives and they are sending me a replacement at no charge!

Folks... straight up... I've had very few issues with Halcyon gear but in every case they have come through with help... courteous and fast!

I have only dealt with Halcyon customer service one time.They were great,extremely helpful,curteous and solved my problem right there.I have to say i was very pleased with them.

Its nice to read posts like pugs.I may be paying top dollar but its nice to know they truly stand behind their product.

Just sent in my Pro6 light a week or so ago with the same striking issue others are seeing... got a very curteous phone call indicating that a warranty replacement was done and it's shipping back out to me....

...just the same... despite the good service I've gotten from EE, I've never had them deliver dive gear to the dive site like COVCI has! ;-)

a happy customer!
wb

I ordered an Explorer MC system back in early October through my LDS and still have yet to recieve it. I already sold my ranger, so right now I am not a fan of their customer service, could be the LDS... I dont know.
:(

cadet diver once bubbled...
I ordered an Explorer MC system back in early October through my LDS and still have yet to recieve it. I already sold my ranger, so right now I am not a fan of their customer service, could be the LDS... I dont know.
:(
That seems a long time to receive an order. There's often reports of long waits for buying their gear - demand often seems to outstrip supply. Try Fifth Dimension or Extreme Exposure instead - they probably have stock on hand seeing as they are two of the largest Halcyon dealers in the country.

No offense, but I woul dbet onthe problem being with the LDS. I have been dealing with EE since before there was an"EE" (location wise). I have always recived prompt and courteous service from them, including often going out of their way to get me info or something special that I needed. Anytime things have gotten drawn out, I get email or a phone call with a status update. They do their best to do an outstanding job.

I ordered a replacement Halcyon component from EE yesterday morning, and received a phone call a couple of hours later telling me it was on its way out the door.

Lead times on some Halcyon stuff have been real long. We do a low volume business and still can't get the stuff fast enough. I have a 70 pound wing because at the time I couldn't get the 50. I have a pro 14 because at the time I couldn't get the pro 6. They were out of buckles for harnesses for a long time. They have had machines break down, supplier problems and a demand that was bigger than what they planned for.

We have had minor quality problems but they take care of it promptly. All in all a good company to deal with.

I don't understand why the shop wouldn't want to get your stuff and don't see what they could do to delay shipment. We have found that it helps to plead and and beg and we have had plenty of it to get moved up on the waiting list. We can't afford to make people wait and can't afford to order a years worth of stuff ahead of time (as if we knew what that would be anyway). We are in our first year as dealers and had no clue what the demand would be.

We are trying to switch our school equipment over but can't get the stuff fast enough. Every time we order some stuff for ourselves we have to give it to someone else. We have a constant running backorder with them. Hopefully it's just growing pains and they get it resolved.

One of the truely pleasurable things about Halcyon is you can call and talk to a diver so they know what your talking about. This is in stark contrast to many manufacturers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom