Halcyon Rocks!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

of stainless hardware for the backpads after I sent an email saying the plastic doodads were not to my satisfaction. Also sent a followup to see if I received them..

EE and COVCI have given good service too. Helpful and prompt shipments.

cyklon_300 once bubbled...
of stainless hardware for the backpads after I sent an email saying the plastic doodads were not to my satisfaction. Also sent a followup to see if I received them..

EE and COVCI have given good service too. Helpful and prompt shipments.

I also received a set of the SS hardware with absolutely no hassle.

I do think that Halycon is overpriced on most of their products, to an extreme on some. Although I have 2 of their wings, liftbag, and a SS BP, I would no way give them what they want for lights (including that grossly overpriced Scout) or most of their other products.

Phil

I was having difficulty outfitting a very tall friend with a long waist. The crotch strap was too short.

I called Halcyon customer service to ask if they made larger straps. They asked how much longer the strap needed to be. I received a custom strap (for free) three days later.

I also called because the power inflator on my Pioneer was bubbling when the inflator button was depressed. Halcyon had a new one in the overnight that afternoon, along with a prepaid envelope for returning the defective part (they wanted it so that they could talk to their supplier).

My LDS has experienced some back orders that have taken awhile to resolve. However, that problem seems to have abated.

Uncle Pug wrote...
They exchanged my old 10w HID lighthead with a new one at no charge since I had a history of striking problems.
That reputation for violence really pays off, eh?

UP: the Teddy Roosevelt of the Great North Wet.

:wink:

Halcyon is a very cool company... I also had the striking problem with the old 10W HID light head and got a free warranty replacement new proteus 10W HID head a month back.

I was thinking the same thing Aquamaniac after the disappointment that they weren't selling rocks now!

Don't believe I have ever seen any halcyon gear in the flesh so to speak - but then I don't go looking for it! I do my patriotic bit and buy British

Jonathan

Where are the Halcyon rocks? I am assuming this is the DIR approved "I am at the end of my dive and forgot my weightbelt" way of maintaining your stops without a line to hold on to. So what's the idea, just buy a few hundred of them at $300 and scatter them around the bottom of your favorite dive site?

What weights do they come in? Last time I forgot my weightbelt I was in a drysuit and had to grab an awfully big rock not to rocket through my stops...

Back
Top Bottom