Halcyon Proteus 10w Head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys, I am sorry to hear about all the problems you are having with the new style 10W heads. I ordered a 10W slug as a backup back in Sept. They sent me the new style, and I fought to get the old style, as I wanted to slug to go in my pocket incase the 18W goes out (never happened, but.... ). Aside from the fact that the new style would not have worked for this application, I am glad I fought enough to get the old style.

chickdiver,

How were you going to change the slug underwater? I'm not sure if your'e referring to an entire lighthead assembly or what. Assuming you were going to use WetMates? Have you tried it and it works??

I have E/O plugs on all my slugs. It gives me the ability to chnge fome one slug (test tube/ballast assembly) to another UW. The issue with the new style head was size, as the old style is just the bulb/ ballast thatt slides into the same reflector my 18W uses.

chickdiver once bubbled...
I have E/O plugs on all my slugs. It gives me the ability to chnge fome one slug (test tube/ballast assembly) to another UW. The issue with the new style head was size, as the old style is just the bulb/ ballast thatt slides into the same reflector my 18W uses.

What is an E/O plug and where could one see a picture of these little goodies :D

E/O s;ugs are Male/female wet plugs on the cord. The guys at Halcyon will tell you they suck, and a lot of people have had problems with them. I like mine and have never (in 6 years) had a problem. They also give me the flexibility to switch between my Helios 9 and Pro 14 canisters, 18W, 10W and Halogen slug. I don't know if they have a picture anywhere, but if you want, I can take one of mine and post it

chickdiver once bubbled...
E/O s;ugs are Male/female wet plugs on the cord. The guys at Halcyon will tell you they suck, and a lot of people have had problems with them. I like mine and have never (in 6 years) had a problem. They also give me the flexibility to switch between my Helios 9 and Pro 14 canisters, 18W, 10W and Halogen slug. I don't know if they have a picture anywhere, but if you want, I can take one of mine and post it

Those sound neat.Thanks for the description.I dont need a pic now thanks to your excellent description of them :D

so they can become disilusioned djs owners?

i mean maybe building a good 10w hid with the crap welch allen provides isn't as easy as it seems

one thing you got to agree is haylcon stand behinds its product even tho it must be costing them a bundle give that to em will ya

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Dan from DJS Technical will be bringing out a 10W lighthead soon for all disillusioned Halcyon head owners :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom