Halcyon P-valve hose: Norprene, but what ID/OD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

omcfadde

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

Anyone happen to know the internal/external diameter of the Norprene tube used on the Halcyon P-valve?

I ask because of the way I route the hose so that it's comfortable. I route from the installation point on the inner left thigh of my suit, around my leg, between my legs, and to a quick-disconnect connector. The condom can be applied at home or where-ever, with the other part of the quick-disconnect already attached to the condom.

The only problem with this solution is that I would need to a hole in my (expensive) undergarments so that the Norprene hose can pass-through between the legs and connect as intended.

During my test dives at the heated pool I'd just wear a T-shirt and boxers; no one-piece thick insulation for cold water diving.

I have no idea how to make a hole in a >400e undergarment without it fraying or otherwise turning into some kind of disaster. Time to try different routing methods. Halcyon's replacement hose only comes in a fixed length, is probably overpriced, and I'm sure is exactly the same thing as non-Halcyon Norprene tube. So, what's the ID/OD?

Thanks!

Use a sewing machine to put a button hole where you want to rout the hose. This will allow you to cut a small hole and not ruin your suit as the edges of the hole is reinforced.

from the measurements given already, looks like the hose might be 1/4" ID x 1/2' OD neoprene tubing.

I just checked my old McMaster orders and it's part number 51075K29

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom