halcyon inflator hose question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerroneFord:
I use my Evolve 60 primarily with AL80s until I get my steels.
Do you feel 60 is too big for AL80 or it performs ok? Does it wrap around too much? Which steels will you use with?

Best regards

Yes the Evolve 60 is too large for the AL80s. It performs well enough, and I have no problems with it.

I will use it with LP108s or LP121s. I have not yet decided which steel tanks to purchase.

PerroneFord:
Yes the Evolve 60 is too large for the AL80s. It performs well enough, and I have no problems with it.

I will use it with LP108s or LP121s. I have not yet decided which steel tanks to purchase.
I plan to purchase it and use it for 16L steels (I believe it's equivalent of HP120) but I'm curious how it will perform when I forget small wing and try to use it with 12L steels (I guess HP100).

BTW Can you post a table comparing metric and imperial tanks if you have it?

I don't have such a table. Perhaps someone else does.

no just go thru the ring and when dumbing just just lift upward with slit curve up and it will dump great i was thinkin gthe same when i first had mine but it does work very well and fast better then my dive right.
Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna:
no just go thru the ring and when dumbing just just lift upward with slit curve up and it will dump great i was thinkin gthe same when i first had mine but it does work very well and fast better then my dive right.
Big Kahuna
IMHO, it's much easier to use the rear dump valve than use your inflator hose to dump air...

MonkSeal:
I plan to purchase it and use it for 16L steels (I believe it's equivalent of HP120) but I'm curious how it will perform when I forget small wing and try to use it with 12L steels (I guess HP100).

I use my Evo 60 with both 119s and HP 100s and it works fine, maybe traps gas a tiny bit with the 100s, but not enough to be a PITA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom