Halcyon Focus 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To be fair it isn't being marketed as a video light. Also I now have less trouble with the cable I've removed my weight pockets to allow me to get the canister further round my waist.

Hi,

Old post, but I’ve been waiting for some video comparing the H focus 2.0 and the LM 32w vf. Anyone seen one, or have both lights available and can make one? Some pictures comparing size on dry land would also be useful.

I'm still surprised with the way H promotes the light. Couldn't find any info on cord length and availability of replacement canisters.
Also, my local dealer says H decided not to support 90° angle wire connection which makes the use ot Focus 2.0 in sidemount more complicated.

In contrast, LM says they do any canister capacity + 90 angle wire.

Any thoughts or maybe experience?

I’d find a new dealer ....

I don’t find any issues with the standard battery config when i’m diving sidemount CCR (or OC), stays in the same place on my hip (with steel tanks, and a 20aH heater battery)

I can see how that could be bothersome with aluminum, but I tuck it into the spine of my XDeep harness (pointed down) when I do those types of dives.

_R

I might pick up a Focus 2.0 just to do a side-by-side comparison and take some pics through the range of beam angles. Figure I'd run an UWLD LD-35, Focus 2.0, LM 32w VF, Halcyon 21w HID, LM 18w HID, LM 12w handheld, and that silly little Halcyon "Mini Explorer" or whatever it's called. I think I've got an old Dive Rite 10w HID floating around somewhere too.

Anybody got a dealer that will give me a wicked price on the Focus 2.0?

Damn, I've got way too many lights floating around. Although to be fair the UWLD LD-35 is the only one I've bought new and outright. The rest have been super cheap deals I've managed to snag.

Would anybody be interested in seeing this? It'll be a few months before I'm back in the States and able to do it, and only in a pool probably, but at least there will be a baseline image (same exposure across the board) and everything will be at the same distance so everything is the same but the lights. I'll post the histograms if anyone wants to really geek out.

Any suggestions for a target? I thought maybe a stage bottle or something in front of the wall since everyone knows what that looks like. Or maybe something less reflective than a brushed aluminum tank......suggestions?

I would love to see that. I would be happy to see it done against a blank wall, in air. Anything more is just gravy.

I might pick up a Focus 2.0 just to do a side-by-side comparison and take some pics through the range of beam angles. Figure I'd run an UWLD LD-35, Focus 2.0, LM 32w VF, Halcyon 21w HID, LM 18w HID, LM 12w handheld, and that silly little Halcyon "Mini Explorer" or whatever it's called. I think I've got an old Dive Rite 10w HID floating around somewhere too.

Anybody got a dealer that will give me a wicked price on the Focus 2.0?

Damn, I've got way too many lights floating around. Although to be fair the UWLD LD-35 is the only one I've bought new and outright. The rest have been super cheap deals I've managed to snag.

Would anybody be interested in seeing this? It'll be a few months before I'm back in the States and able to do it, and only in a pool probably, but at least there will be a baseline image (same exposure across the board) and everything will be at the same distance so everything is the same but the lights. I'll post the histograms if anyone wants to really geek out.

Any suggestions for a target? I thought maybe a stage bottle or something in front of the wall since everyone knows what that looks like. Or maybe something less reflective than a brushed aluminum tank......suggestions?
Did this test ever happen?

Back
Top Bottom