Halcyon focus 2.0, wattage usage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

for murky water - LEP ( laser extincted phosphor ) light

I did not use because i don't have such murky water

Laser Excited Phosphor (LEP) Flashlights forum based on that kind of lamps

------------------------------------------------------------

in case of regular lights then should be projector type
Northern Light Scuba 40W LED | Dive Lights | Varuste.net English one of best but it looks they close

TEKONE HEAD | Light For Me Photo Gallery it is also disappeared

off so many startups failed and disappeared ;-(

for murky water - LEP ( laser extincted phosphor ) light

I did not use because i don't have such murky water

Laser Excited Phosphor (LEP) Flashlights forum based on that kind of lamps

------------------------------------------------------------

in case of regular lights then should be projector type
Northern Light Scuba 40W LED | Dive Lights | Varuste.net English one of best but it looks they close

TEKONE HEAD | Light For Me Photo Gallery it is also disappeared

off so many startups failed and disappeared ;-(
How do these compare to the oceanex/gralmarine 3xml-2? Oceanex not as good for murky water?

Ideally I'd look for something I can travel with, the gralmarine is just too power hungry, and I'd also like to take my lamp off my heating battery.

Man, I just wish there was like a event where they had a hundred lights you could try, it's hard shelling out possibly 1k+ to get something that you ain't happy with.

By default test tubes lights work in clear water . in murky water to many particles come between reflector and light source which lower efficiency of light source - so light / reflector/lens behind front glass -simple rule.

in that case gral marine 3xml-2 would be better but forget 4800lm if lamp is not heavy overdriven XML-2 is rated on 1100lm ;-) - by datasheet 100%=700lm )
( it mean that only led bin U5 should be driven on 3000mA each on 350% by datasheet that provide in theory 1628 lm /pcs )

Attachments

• Posnetek zaslona 2024-08-29 065436.png
    Posnetek zaslona 2024-08-29 065436.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 15
By default test tubes lights work in clear water . in murky water to many particles come between reflector and light source which lower efficiency of light source - so light / reflector/lens behind front glass -simple rule.

in that case gral marine 3xml-2 would be better but forget 4800lm if lamp is not heavy overdriven XML-2 is rated on 1100lm ;-) - by datasheet 100%=700lm )
( it mean that only led bin U5 should be driven on 3000mA each on 350% by datasheet that provide in theory 1628 lm /pcs )
I mean it does draw a staggering 55 watts, haha.

I sadly don't know as much about lights as you do, that's for sure.

So for murky water you want multiple leds? Or do you mean something different? Like the LED has to be behind sealed glass?

Halcyon focus 2 isn't ideal for murky water, then?

Ideally I want a canister light that is high quality, travels well in murky water, and can be used for clear water/caves as well (So either a decent corona or the ability to increase it's beam degree)

I looked into northern lights and Tekone but it seems they are closed, ye.

Halcyon focus 2 isn't ideal for murky water, then?

Ideally I want a canister light that is high quality, travels well in murky water, and can be used for clear water/caves as well (So either a decent corona or the ability to increase it's beam degree)

I don't think there is a light that provides more penetration than the focus 2, with the exception of the LEP lights. Hopefully one of the reputable light manufactures will make a can light with an LEP in it soon.

halcyon is projector lamp with '' fast aspheric fresnel lens '' , so it will work
Anything you'd recommend as a alternative that still can be bought?

That you'd consider better, as you did not seem the biggest fan of the halcyon.

I don't think there is a light that provides more penetration than the focus 2, with the exception of the LEP lights. Hopefully one of the reputable light manufactures will make a can light with an LEP in it soon.
LEP lights ?

LEP lights ?
Iaser exciting phosphorus it’s the thing Lucca mentioned above. They’re becoming really common in the tactical space, but they’re not in any dive light I’d use yet.

Iaser exciting phosphorus it’s the thing Lucca mentioned above. They’re becoming really common in the tactical space, but they’re not in any dive light I’d use yet.
Ah, how come ?

No water resistance?

Any light you'd personally recommend? Out of curiosity

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom