Halcyon focus 2.0, wattage usage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And if Halcyon draws per datasheet (6Vx4,8A= 28,8W ) CREE XHP 70 1 gen ( 2 gen does not have ''so expressed '' cross anymore but can still be visible) http://beriled.biz/data/files/XHP70.pdf

= 60,76% eff at high or 15,97% at low , both subtract cca 2-3W on driver ( step down from 12V to 6V ) , you have
= 57,76% eff at high or 12,97% at low

that mean 58% of periode is ON and 42% of periode is led OFF , = PWM ( power width modulation )
or 13% ON and 87% OFF

periode is normaly between 1000-2000Hz ( if less could be seen flickering on video )

simply IMO this is completely fail chosen led for this lamp ( should be smaller die - phosphor surface and higher surface brightness ) which is good for lens designed lamps.

this current led is excellent for lamps with big parabolic reflectors

;-)

And if Halcyon draws per datasheet (6Vx4,8A= 28,8W ) CREE XHP 70 1 gen ( 2 gen does not have ''so expressed '' cross anymore but can still be visible) http://beriled.biz/data/files/XHP70.pdf

= 60,76% eff at high or 15,97% at low , both subtract cca 2-3W on driver ( step down from 12V to 6V ) , you have
= 57,76% eff at high or 12,97% at low

that mean 58% of periode is ON and 42% of periode is led OFF , = PWM ( power width modulation )
or 13% ON and 87% OFF

periode is normaly between 1000-2000Hz ( if less could be seen flickering on video )

simply IMO this is completely fail chosen led for this lamp ( should be smaller die - phosphor surface and higher surface brightness ) which is good for lens designed lamps.

this current led is excellent for lamps with big parabolic reflectors

;-)
I have no idea what you exactly mean with this, but I am curious what kind of light you might recommend on the higher end you'd consider better?

That is a lot less then then expected, thanks!
They don't drive these LEDs very hard. Max brightness isn't needed for how they're used, and burning LEDs is super annoying. These lights need to be capable of 100% duty cycle for very long 18+ hour run times.

PWM:
-----------------------------
for instance same led but much better design and beam....... and lower weight much better thermal cooling ( I also own it )

open version ( test tube ) , also closed morph

www.oceanex.de/media/pdf/29/6a/b1/Manual_Oceanex-sunbeam_V3-0_12062018.pdf

--------------------------------
or ( they re-invent even EO cord ) BTW cheapest price 49€

What's up with thor engineering? Better eo cord? I bought their flex canister and noticed just how thick/chunky it is, for sure (The eo cord)

What lights would you recommend besides the oceanex? Out of curiosity

The T/C cords share the same plug geometry like the old E/O cords and are therefore 100% compatible. The cable and the plug are a complete new design. The plug connection is now from its quality level equivalent to automotive standards.
T/C Cords use nearly the whole length of the pin for the electronic connection, so much safe and more stable connection is made. The contact forces acting on the sleeve were reduced and defined by engineers.
This ensures that the sleeve won’t flare and won’t wide up. The plug itself was made significantly harder so movement forces kept out as far as possible from the plug. So the danger of a fraction of the connection inside the plug at the crimping of the cable is being reduced significantly .
The lines were fitted with numerous individual flexible wires. As a result fractures are being prevent in effective way. The lines are protected against water penetration through a special nonwoven of superabsorber which expands itself by contact with water
There was a document with testing procedures on net , but it looks link is lost , very interesting tests

I like test tube designed lamp but I don't have favourite ( like mine lamps because of DIY , and evolution of design ) , i like MBSUB when they exists (Umbilical Dive Light - Led Nautilus is evolution of their ZOOM system but other things not so good - connectors for instance )

There was a document with testing procedures on net , but it looks link is lost , very interesting tests

I like test tube designed lamp but I don't have favourite ( like mine lamps because of DIY , and evolution of design ) , i like MBSUB when they exists (Umbilical Dive Light - Led Nautilus is evolution of their ZOOM system but other things not so good - connectors for instance )

Interesting, the flex canister def uses a t/c head

Yeah I observed how beefy that thing is personally, first thing I noticed, never knew it was not just another eo plug though.

Basically, cannot go wrong with the oceanex? Is what it sounds like

big + is when someone need help with more light for video - just remove reflector or add ''white or mat polished reflector ''

Check taucherpinwand.de sometimes good deals are here
I most likely won't care too much for video light stuff, I just want a light that is bright and pierces well in murky waters, haha

big + is when someone need help with more light for video - just remove reflector or add ''white or mat polished reflector ''

Check taucherpinwand.de sometimes good deals are here
What would you recommend for a light used in murky waters, that punches through it?

Atm I am using the gralmarine 3xml-2? Z?

Great light, but it def doesn't punch through murky water as well as I'd like nor reach as far as I'd hope

Back
Top Bottom