Halcyon Evolve 40 Single Tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the reason doubles wings do not fair so well on a single tank is that they 'taco' up around the tank and make venting gas miserable.

this is a fantastic wing though, for doubles, my personal favorite by a long shot :wink: I'm sure i have old eclipse in the scuba-garage that i'd trade you for it :wink: (as do about 25 other people who are in line in front of me)

and being the crack pusher i am, i'll say the same about trying it with a nice set of HP100's or AL80's... Try it... you'll liiiiiiike it :wink:

Thanks for all the posted and offline inputs. It is really helpful. The Halcyon site specifically calls for only using this wing for doubles. Now its clear why, the "taco-effect".

I'd love to try some doubles but am not ready to ante up for the matching regs, manifold, etc. So I might just take someone up on the swapsy.

That Rheem approach sure is compelling though....

-A

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom