Halcyon EOS Mini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Corey .... how did you solve led cooling ....( i think probably 3 x cree XP-G2 inside) with delrin housing ?

And lion betteries don't like to be heated from metal tubes . Driving leds with half current .....pointless....IMO

Thanks !

Water naturally dissipates heat. Furthermore, LEDs do not get nearly as hot as HIDs. HIDs have been used in Delrin for years.

:confused:

:dropmouth:

Now I know for sure why to avoid Halcyon led lights .....

and BTW....you have some new optic law? With distance from light source ........illumination rises exponentially ?????
Distance from light -Lux Rating
1 meter - 530
3 meters - 1450
5 meters - 13,100.....

I know from primary school Inverse-square law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

Last edited:
high or full power is very nice word ..... if you put inside driver which is capable at full power supply led with 1500mA that mean that these leds uses together cca 15W +/-.

You can put also inside driver which is capable at full power to supply led with 1000mA that mean that these leds with same battery pack last longer and create less heat which is nice to POM and diver .

In that case led in emmiter can not develop full ''surface brightness'' , which mean that led don't work at optimized parameters .

For 2,5h of full power must be all 4 LiOn 3,7V with 2600mAh cells right charged and ballanced :D .

Last edited:
Hi,
i wander if you intend to enhance the light with canister connector/adapter to extend its 2.5 working time?
if so, will it be standard canister and when it will be expected?

TNX
Alex

It is 8 degrees.

I recall the original EOS had a >10 degrees beam.
So, does this mean that the EOS Mini has a narrower beam than the regular EOS?
In this case something seems wrong with the specs...the new EOS Mini has 13000 lux at 1 m (vs 10.000 of the original EOS) but then they are exactly the same at 3 m: 1450.
But this would be normal if the mini had a WIDER beam than the original EOS. :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom