Halcyon EOS Mini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Lecter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone seen or used one of these yet? It's still not up on Halcyon's site, and I haven't found many details about it. Can't tell if it's a twist on/off or not, though the two power burn setting makes me think it's not. If it is a twisty, does it have the same lousy single o-ring seal they have on the Scout and Mini Explorer? How's the length compare to normal Scout style backups--will it secure to a chest harness properly?

I like the rechargable battery and high output in a backup light sized package. Just not sure I want to pay the H tax without more details.

Not out yet! We are taking Pre-Orders. Here is the info, still waiting for some better photos (hopefully tomorrow)!

EOS Mini

Note: Yes twist head, Yes double O-Ring, Yes low/high settings
FEATURES:
• Nearly indestructible LED module in Delrin® housing with small form factor
• Amazing intensity is 30% brighter than conventional EOS primary
• High & Low Setting
• Twist On/Off head w/Dual O-Ring
• Easily stored in a pocket
• Ideal for travel due to light weight and long burn time
• Innovative handle provides excellent portability with hands-free operation.
• Adjustable design can rapidly be customized to fit left or right hand, with or without gloves.
• Foldable handle protects LED and lens while in transport
• May be fitted with an optional, fixed Goodman handle
• Rear attachment point accommodates nearly any bolt snap or wrist lanyard.
• High-quality Delrin® housing is nearly indestructible
• Removable, compact 2.6 amp-hour, sealed LION rechargeable battery pack

Distance from light - Lux Rating
1 meter - 530
3 meters - 1450
5 meters - 13,100

Thanks, Wayne. Good to see H realize single o-ring and high priced lights don't mix. How is the high/low on this one controlled? Part of the twisting on/off or a separate control?

I'd love to see a comparison to the LM Rebel 9W handheld LED unit, which is less expensive but looks like it's in somewhat the same ballpark.

Yeah, but if it's actually putting out more light than the $1200 EOS low-end can version, I can see it. Maybe.

Anyone seen or used one of these yet? It's still not up on Halcyon's site, and I haven't found many details about it. Can't tell if it's a twist on/off or not, though the two power burn setting makes me think it's not. If it is a twisty, does it have the same lousy single o-ring seal they have on the Scout and Mini Explorer? How's the length compare to normal Scout style backups--will it secure to a chest harness properly?

I like the rechargable battery and high output in a backup light sized package. Just not sure I want to pay the H tax without more details.

I got to dive with someone this weekend in Alaska who was using a demo version that Dive Alaska had on hand. I was impressed for the size. Very comparable to the EOS 12 watt canister version in output. I dive a 21 watt HID, but would deffinitly consider this for travel and warm water diving. Very compact in size. And very good output considering the size of the unit. Like I said, I only got to see the output from my dive buddy, wish I had a chance to dive it.

I wouldn't consider it a backup light like the scout. More of a light weight travel sized primary light. You would clip it off like a primary light. It's not going to tuck neatly like a scout. The demo version had a goodman handle attached.

I wonder what the beam angle is? Anyone know? Cheers

It is 8 degrees.

---------- Post added August 20th, 2013 at 02:18 PM ----------

Not out yet! We are taking Pre-Orders. Here is the info, still waiting for some better photos (hopefully tomorrow)!

EOS Mini

Note: Yes twist head, Yes double O-Ring, Yes low/high settings
FEATURES:
• Nearly indestructible LED module in Delrin® housing with small form factor
• Amazing intensity is 30% brighter than conventional EOS primary
• High & Low Setting
• Twist On/Off head w/Dual O-Ring
• Easily stored in a pocket
• Ideal for travel due to light weight and long burn time
• Innovative handle provides excellent portability with hands-free operation.
• Adjustable design can rapidly be customized to fit left or right hand, with or without gloves.
• Foldable handle protects LED and lens while in transport
• May be fitted with an optional, fixed Goodman handle
• Rear attachment point accommodates nearly any bolt snap or wrist lanyard.
• High-quality Delrin® housing is nearly indestructible
• Removable, compact 2.6 amp-hour, sealed LION rechargeable battery pack

Distance from light - Lux Rating
1 meter - 530
3 meters - 1450
5 meters - 13,100

Hi Wayne,

Don't forget that the Eos Mini comes with a Pelican case as well.

Hi Corey .... how did you solve led cooling ....( i think probably 3 x cree XP-G2 inside) with delrin housing ?

And lion betteries don't like to be heated from metal tubes . Driving leds with half current .....pointless....IMO

Thanks !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom