Halcyon Eclipse Tank Rolling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I'm interested to hear it as well. Since it's the plate, I'm curious if they will just replace it, or have you send it in for "modification". A simple machining problem like this shouldn't be hard to correct, but on the plate, home modification will be not worth the trouble if the manufacturer will fix it.

When you purchased this, did you try it on with a tank? I didn't, and so I wouldn't have noticed a rolling effect or not, but some places do. If so, the reseller should have noticed it wasn't seating when he attached the tank.

That's another thought. You could take it to where you bought it and have them replace the plate. Would save time if you are planning on diving soon.

Last month, after posting thie thread, I didn't have a chance to check it out again. I told you that I got rid of any extra washers. So, I plan to be wet today evening. I will let you know how it goes. Is my tank, 130 CF, too heavy for my system? I don't think so~~~~~...

As to the dealer shop, LOL~~~ check out this thread...
http://www.thedecostop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=189416#post189416

Wijbrandus:
Yeah, I'm interested to hear it as well. Since it's the plate, I'm curious if they will just replace it, or have you send it in for "modification". A simple machining problem like this shouldn't be hard to correct, but on the plate, home modification will be not worth the trouble if the manufacturer will fix it.

When you purchased this, did you try it on with a tank? I didn't, and so I wouldn't have noticed a rolling effect or not, but some places do. If so, the reseller should have noticed it wasn't seating when he attached the tank.

That's another thought. You could take it to where you bought it and have them replace the plate. Would save time if you are planning on diving soon.

I can't see how it could be. While I've only dived AL80s on mine, and I'm not an engineer, I have yet to see anything about a load limit. Considering the whole point of the backplate is to eventually mount doubles, I can't believe there is one for single-tank diving. Maybe if you wanted to mount double AL500's or something...

I just scanned that thread at TDS. First I'd heard of a problem with FifthD, but I've got a local Halcyon dealer, so I really don't shop much online. Pretty sad stuff, esp considering I always thought FifthD was "the" place to get Halcyon online.

I tried to get mine from the dealer shop that is only one dealer (about 1 1/2 driving) in my state I think. When I got there, even they didn't carry the Eclipse system. I had to order it through the catalog at the shop. LOL~~~ So, I walked away and ended up my buying over there based on Halcyon web rating. Holy cow!

Wijbrandus:
I can't see how it could be. While I've only dived AL80s on mine, and I'm not an engineer, I have yet to see anything about a load limit. Considering the whole point of the backplate is to eventually mount doubles, I can't believe there is one for single-tank diving. Maybe if you wanted to mount double AL500's or something...

I just scanned that thread at TDS. First I'd heard of a problem with FifthD, but I've got a local Halcyon dealer, so I really don't shop much online. Pretty sad stuff, esp considering I always thought FifthD was "the" place to get Halcyon online.

Sean Q: Based on your info. I checked out the new bolt. It proved that it is the matter of plate, not bolt. New bolts didn’t help at all.

Mxracer19 & Wijbrandus: Thanks to your advices, I just did a little filing on the plate.
I hope it solves the problem.

I don’t wonder that I have not gotten any responses from the Halcyon and dealer shop about this matter since I sent an email. How a great customer service it is!

hoosier:
I don’t wonder that I have not gotten any responses from the Halcyon and dealer shop about this matter since I sent an email. How a great customer service it is!

Have you tried the telephone? 800.HALCYON Not everybody responds to email as fast as we'd like them to. My last email to them took a few weeks for an answer. A phone call is instant.

Dave

Thanks all. Finally I solve the issue after filing the hole. In the meantime, Halcyon contacted me to solve this issue through email. They also sent the new set of bolt to me.

Again, Halcyon customer service is a top norch. Thanks for Mr. David Sweetin.

hoosier:
Thanks all. Finally I solve the issue after filing the hole. In the meantime, Halcyon contacted me to solve this issue through email. They also sent the new set of bolt to me.

Again, Halcyon customer service is a top norch. Thanks for Mr. David Sweetin.
It's funny how often people post about Halcyon's wonderful customer service.

IMO, true service to the customer would be to have gear that works properly when shipped from the factory with all those little green inspection stickers plastered all over it.

You're absolutely right. But, you will be surprised at how many hassles we need to get through whenever you have a problem with some other brands and shops in the diving industry. If you don't have it yet, you are a lucky guy..... Believe me.... It is a horrible.

I have an issue about the return shipping charge for my drysuit alteration with the dive shop. Even though it has been about three weeks, I don't get the credit back yet. Yes, the refund credit has been promised by the shop owner through email. That's the ordinary customer service in the dive industry. Isn't it funny, is it?

Charlie99:
It's funny how often people post about Halcyon's wonderful customer service.

IMO, true service to the customer would be to have gear that works properly when shipped from the factory with all those little green inspection stickers plastered all over it.

Back
Top Bottom