Hair extensions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Something like a neoprene hood/cap does limit water flow, which in my experience helps perms and colors to last longer. It won't stop hair from getting wet, but should mostly keep it from moving around which I think helps prevent tangling - my theory is if it's not moving it's not tangling? I'd think also wetting hair first with fresh water couldn't hurt. Whether conditioner under a hood would help I dunno.

Best solution ever: hair gloves. I bought Sue some at the LDS. They're essentially a conventional elastic hair tie with a long (8"?) sleeve atached. Her hair (including extensions) hangs down below her shoulder blades, but there's no tangle problem with the hair wrap in place. Works better than braiding or conditioner sprays.
And they come in different colors and patterns, so she got them to match whatever bikini she's wearing that day...

Just in case someone does a search more currently on this subject I have found the "hair glove" that Dirty Dog mentioned and it is called "Wraptor" so they are like long sleeves for your pony tail. You can get them on Ebay for like $9 in any color. If you put lots of conditioner on the end and twist the hair it works best. I find that if you braid the hair it tangles still but if you twist it is better

Just in case someone does a search more currently on this subject I have found the "hair glove" that Dirty Dog mentioned and it is called "Wraptor" so they are like long sleeves for your pony tail. You can get them on Ebay for like $9 in any color. If you put lots of conditioner on the end and twist the hair it works best. I find that if you braid the hair it tangles still but if you twist it is better
I just checked on this topic _after_ my girlfriend went diving with extensions. 3 hours and a scissors later she’s free.

Holy moly that stuff turns into arguably the strongest substance known to humankind. Untangling is _not_ an option.

Will know for next time 🤣

Thanks

One of my dive buddies has extensions. She does complain about the tangling but the glue was not a problem. Of course some if this depends on how long they've been in aside from diving too.

Sorry, I don't know much more than that.

Man would that make my day to see a weave come off after a dive :rofl3:

The female divemasters/dive guides that I dive with regularly all will pre-wet their hair and use an ecologically-friendly conditioner. They say it helps keep their hair tangle free and far easier to manage. I'd imagine this same process would work for hair extensions. I've seen them all do it and they seem to be pretty religious about the process.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom