Hair Care

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your website says you need to spend $50 to get free shipping, not $35.
Hi! Our website promotions change throughout the year. The post about free shipping with $35 was from February. So sorry for any confusion!

The Henderson hyper stretch hooded vest

5018178D-4055-4C49-95B3-1B04AB221E63.jpeg

Soak hair and apply conditioner

Over the years, I have tried countless methods of protecting my hair before and after diving. My favorite protecting spray by Phyto has been discontinued. I have tried various products. The Stream 2 Sea is nice, but I think my coarse hair requires something heavier. The Subseries was okay, but the cost to benefit ratio has me feeling just so so. On my last trip, I tried something new and it made a big difference. In a travel sized bottle, I mixed coconut oil and avocado oil and applied to dampened hair before diving. After diving, I would wash my hair and use Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil conditioner and their leave in oil. Costly but it was a game changer!
For sunscreen,, nothing beats the La Roche-Posay Anthelios sunscreen. It doesn't break me out and turns into a powder after it dries.

On my last trip, I tried something new and it made a big difference. In a travel sized bottle, I mixed coconut oil and avocado oil and applied to dampened hair before diving. After diving, I would wash my hair and use Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil conditioner and their leave in oil. Costly but it was a game changer!
Maybe you should bottle this and sell it here!

Does anyone have any good headband brands that work well for scuba with long hair? I usually dutch braid it, but still have all of the little flyaways that get in the way. I'm also going to have to try the leave in conditioner. I just switched from fresh water diving to more salt water diving and it is definitely taking a toll on my hair.

Does anyone have any good headband brands that work well for scuba with long hair? I usually dutch braid it, but still have all of the little flyaways that get in the way. I'm also going to have to try the leave in conditioner. I just switched from fresh water diving to more salt water diving and it is definitely taking a toll on my hair.
Hi Tori,
We have buffs/neck gaiters than can be used as a headband. They're made from recycled plastic bottles. :) And if you'd like to try out our leave-in conditioner, don't forget to use the coupon code scubaboard15 for 15% off. Also, we've got free shipping for orders over $35 currently. Let me know if you have any questions!

Hi Tori,
We have buffs/neck gaiters than can be used as a headband. They're made from recycled plastic bottles. :) And if you'd like to try out our leave-in conditioner, don't forget to use the coupon code scubaboard15 for 15% off. Also, we've got free shipping for orders over $35 currently. Let me know if you have any questions!
@Stream2Sea - Do you have tips for keeping the buffs in place while diving? I'm considering sewing mine a little smaller to keep it tight. It could use a gripper or something similar. ... maybe. ?

@Stream2Sea - Do you have tips for keeping the buffs in place while diving? I'm considering sewing mine a little smaller to keep it tight. It could use a gripper or something similar. ... maybe. ?
Hi Tori - great idea about a gripper! I've suggested adding this to our next manufacture run for the buffs. Sorry it's slipping on you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom