Haigh Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sideband

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was told tonight that there was a fatality at Haigh this past weekend.
His family will be in my prayers. This all feels a lot different when it is this close to home. About 75% of my dives have been there.

Joe

Hey Joe.

It certainly does impact me differently when an accident happens in one of my local haunts. Definitely sorry to hear about it.

Any information on what happened?

Paula

No. No info. I don't even have a name. I was at the dive shop tonight helping with some stuff and a friend there mentioned it because a group of us had talked on Friday about going out there on Sunday. None of us ended up going. I know you can't think this way, but there is the feeling of, 'if we had been there could we have helped?'. Of course that is impossible to know. You get to know a lot of people at a spot like that and it is kind of "home". It's different than when it is some place you have never been and someone you've not possibly met before.

Joe

You have all that I have. I know it was a man and he drowned. They said they recovered his gear on Sunday so I am assuming the incident also occured that day. I would like details as well but it is far to early unless someone was there.

Joe

That is too close to home. Really makes you think about how dangerous this sport can be. I know it can be as safe as most others but you have to make it that way.
My prayers go out to the family.

Can you copy/paste that info from the article here? It requires you to sign up to view the article.

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom