Haigh Quarry SAT. April 15th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sideband

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If anyone is interested in joining us, my better half and I will be at Haigh on Saturday. She will not be diving so if anyone else has a partner that feels it's still too cold they can keep each other company. We will bring some brats or burgers and some chips and a bag of charcoal and if others want to bring food to share we can have a nice cookout. What all we bring will be determined by the response to this thread. If nobody else pipes up we will only bring enough for ourselves. If others chime in we can split up the menu so each person only has to bring a single dish or side to share.

So, what say you all?

Joe

I am diving Friday but there is no such thing as too much time in the water. I'm in for Saturday. I didnt think I was going to be able to round up anyone for Friday so I planned on diving Saturday anyhow but now it looks like there is interest in both days! What should I bring to eat and what time do you guys plan on getting there? I live in Chicago near downtown if anyone is interested in carpooling I can drive or ride (and pitch in for gas money).

That's cool. Lets hold off on the menu planning until we get a "solid" group. Hopefully tomorrow we can nail that down. As for time, I'm thinking 8'ish AM.

So far:
Sideband & Aquababe66
Aaron & Laura (not board members)
Dkunstman
**your name here**

Joe

Well, Aaron won't be able to make it because of work and nobody else has said anything. Why don't we just plan on bringing for ourselves and I'll still bring the bag of charcoal. Anyone that wants to use the grill is more than welcome to it. I have a gas grill at home so I'm leaving whatever charcoal we don't use.

Any and all are still free to join us. The only change is bring your own lunch/dinner.

Joe

So far:
Sideband & Aquababe66
Aaron & Laura (not board members)
Dkunstman
O'Malley (Steve)

See you in the 'morn...I plan on arriving 8:00AM

Steve

Cool. I am going to try to get the south dock if possible. I'll probably get there a bit before 9 (picking someone up) so if you want to and think of it snag it up if empty.
I have a black and green dry suit and a set of white doubles if we miss each other somehow. See ya there.

Joe

The quarry is starting to warm up, although the vis is fading fast.

Today was quiet. I guess everyone else has Easter plans, but the SB hardy divers were out there. I did 1 dive and split, so I wasn't able to hang around and chat. I did see Sideband and Steve's truck! And I found dkunstmans's mask!

Water temps were in the upper 40's, air temp was sunny and warm, but the vis is less than 15'. I'll actually have to use my compass to get around.

do it easy:
The quarry is starting to warm up, although the vis is fading fast.

Today was quiet. I guess everyone else has Easter plans, but the SB hardy divers were out there. I did 1 dive and split, so I wasn't able to hang around and chat. I did see Sideband and Steve's truck! And I found dkunstmans's mask!

Water temps were in the upper 40's, air temp was sunny and warm, but the vis is less than 15'. I'll actually have to use my compass to get around.

Where did you find his mask? Was it by the dock? If so, what side??

It was between the flamingo cutter and the LARC, lying on the bottom in the classic lost mask pose- lens down, strap up. Was this a backup mask or did you guys swim from the dock to the LARC before he realized his mask was missing? The vis wasn't that bad! :D

do it easy:
It was between the flamingo cutter and the LARC, lying on the bottom in the classic lost mask pose- lens down, strap up. Was this a backup mask or did you guys swim from the dock to the LARC before he realized his mask was missing? The vis wasn't that bad! :D

We had done the classic flamingo, LARC, truck navigation route. We surfaced swam back from the truck, and at one point, he took off his mask and I think put it on his wrist. He must have took it off early. He said he thought he lost it by the dock, but also said he might have lost it somewhere out further. Good job!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom