Had my first actual dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhoadc

Registered
Reaction score
Well I made my first real dive since my OW cert dives. My instructor was kind enough to take me out to Lake Wazee in Black River Falls WI.

I was pretty nervous when he handed me a dry suit and said "Youll want this. The water is pretty cold today".

It leaked a bit but I loved it! The vis was great (dove in the mud for my cert dives) and there was some good structure and the fish were out in force.

The dry suit kept me nice and toasty warm and was a piece of cake to dive with. I am a total believer in dry suits now.

Im hooked!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry this was so short and boring. I just wanted to share.

Congrats on having your first dive (still getting my cert) haha. I have always understood the drysuits just didnt really believe they would work so well. Thanks!

Congrats! Welcome to the wonderful world of 2/3rds of our planet underwater!

Drysuits are awesome, especially in dive sites in north of Florida. I've tried several different ones and love the Whites Fusion - check it out. Worth every penny and a GREAT way to dive. I've doe in waters from 70 degrees to 35 degrees all comfortable by just varying the undergarments worn!

Dive often, dive safe, practice your skills and keep up your training!
Enjoy!

I cant wait for my first actual dive. I just need to find some work. So I can have my (new to me) equipment serviced and tanks hydro'd. But after that it will be hard to keep me out of the water.

coming to Wazee on Saturday.. What were the temps? LOL not that you cared.. Did Keith from Wazee Sports take you out???

I wnt with Todd from St Croix SCUBA, great guy. If I recall it was 40 deg at 50ft.

Congrats! Welcome to the under(water) world. You are in for some great adventures and awesome sights.

Congratulations!

Good to hear that you've started, or at least tried, diving dry. If you have the money, they're an AMAZING investment. I used to scoff at drysuit divers, when I first started diving, but boy was that stupid. If you start diving dry, your options of WHERE and WHEN you can dive increase vastly. Changing your undergarment will be one of the few changes made to your gear configuration for said location, its incredibly convenient.

Hope you continue to dive, and enjoy it as much as many of us at this forum do.

Stay wet, (or should I say dry...) and safe!

You have an addiction.

The good news is they make a medicine to cure your addiction and it consists of more diving.

:)

Congratulations on your certification and your successful first POST certification dive. I have been diving in waters from 35 degrees to 85 degrees (local and travelling) but my last dive convinced me to go dry. My regular dive buddy has gone Dry in the past 2 months and our last dive was 45 degrees surface to depth (max depth was 40 feet for so).....no thermocline. I dive slowly and relaxed without much effort and after 41 minutes......I could hardly feel myself. My fingertips "hurt" for about 30 minutes and there was no second dive. I felt like such a WUSSY when I said that another dive was not in my future for the day. It was right then that I deceided my next suit will be a dry suit. I still have a season or so on my wet suit, but I will not replace it with another. I am saving $$$ for dry now :D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom