Had Enough - I'm outta here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good Luck Crowley, wish you all the best finding a new adventure

Damn... I was hoping the situation would settle down after a couple of years. There are plenty of things I miss in Sharm- plenty of things I don't as well :) Life for an instructor was pretty good comparatively.... plenty of things to miss- number one is probably just sitting outside Drinkies at the benzina in Hadaba, sinking a couple of Meisters at the 'Homeless Pub', picking some basilic and eating pasta with friends.

Very best of luck in whatever you choose to be your new adventure!

I'm glad you'll still post and blog, your writing is thoughtful and informative and I enjoy reading it. Thanks!

I've been visiting the Red Sea for quite a few years and have been aware of many of the changes you mention,
but as you say it doesn't affect visitors greatly.

Give me a yell if you ever make it to the Isle of Man and I'll stand you a Bushy's, or several!!

Thanks again for the kudos and the support folks, and the idea of a Bushy's sounds great... I never managed to make it over to the IoM for the TT but it's on the bucket list... although I don't have a bucket as yet! :D

Cheers

C.

Best of luck, mate !
There is a spot, somewhere out there, that will soon be fortunate to host you. Just let us know, when time comes.

I'm getting what my friend calls "Graduation Goggles" at the moment - which is an expression I have never heard before and basically means that now you're faced with the end of the line, you start to wonder if maybe staying on a bit longer isn't such a bad idea! I have renewed my CDWS licence and PADI membership and so on, and I have a valid work permit until the end of May, so if I can't figure out to do once I'm back in the UK then I can always come back to Sharm. Maybe a couple of months with a change of scenery (and some decent beer) will clear out the cobwebs and I'll feel a bit more like Crowley-the-really-great-dive-guide again instead of Crowley-the-seriously-cheesed-off-dive guide!

Heard today that some more long-term staff from other centres are leaving Sharm; if you've dived with any of the major centres here in Sharm then you might know a few of them, so it's not just me - I mean, everybody can see it, and a lot of long-term repeat guests are starting to see it also.

As I keep saying - nobody should be put off coming here for a holiday (just bring a cattle prod to fend off the hustlers), but as Xcavator is doing in a separate thread: a little extra forward-planning is essential; please read the small print very carefully; ask questions of prospective dive centres; get personal recommendations.

Buuut - ja, there's reasons we're all leaving.

Cheers,

C.

Theres been a lot of experienced staff leaving for the past couple of years already really, so you wont be first and not likely the last :/

Good luck to you. Hopefully things dont get worse.

Very best wishes, Crowley, wherever you end up, and whenever. Selfishly, I'm just glad you plan to keep on blogging.

PS If you ever do pass through the Isle of Man and have one too many Bushy's with Keith, I'll stand you the remedial chips, cheese & gravy afterwards ;-)

Back
Top Bottom