Hacienda San Miguel Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Petra

Reaction score
Has anyone stayed at the Hacienda San Miguel in Cozumel? Found it on the internet. The rates are cheap and the rooms look decent. Was wondering how far I'd end up carrying my equipment to get to the dive boat?

Thanks,
Mark

I was there in March 02. I didn't stay there, but the manager at that time was a member of scuba board so went there to see the place, and she had dinner with us.
I don't believe she is there anymore, however. The place was very clean and the rooms are a good size. The grounds are very nice. There is no lobby, no pool, no beach. You are in town, so most boat rides will be long. Your walk to the pier with equipment wouldn't be much fun. You could rent a car, but depending on what dive operator you use, you might be able to set something up for them to pick you up.
I know when Angela was the manager, she helped a lot of divers, since she was an excellent diver herself.
Maybe more people can help from the board. Angela are you out there?

IS this hotel formerly the Sun Village?

We stayed there for a week in July, and I have to agree with Natasha. It's plesant, quiet, and roomy. The staff is very friendly.
It's at the north end of town, and my dive op (Aqua Safari), was at the south end, about a 15 minute walk. Since I could leave my gear at the shop, I usually walked just to enjoy the nuttiness of the town.

Hacienda San Miguel & Sun Village San Miguel are not the same.

Hi Petra,

Hacienda San Miguel is a good value. Nothing fancy, but fully serviceable. Get a room off the street. The plaza can be noisy at times.

There is no boat pick up point near enough to allow for comfortable carrying of gear. Dive with an op that will keep your gear.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

hey, that would be me!

I use to be the manager at HSM...

I'm back now. (Well back in the states after a year and a half of living in Cozumel)

I'll write a longer post later about my experiences and diving...

email me with any specific questions, or I can help you pick a room if you want to stay at HSM...

achu_sea@yahoo.com

achu

achu once bubbled...
hey, that would be me!

I use to be the manager at HSM...

I'm back now. (Well back in the states after a year and a half of living in Cozumel)

I'll write a longer post later about my experiences and diving...

email me with any specific questions, or I can help you pick a room if you want to stay at HSM...

achu_sea@yahoo.com

achu

You are one of the Cozumel chatters aren't you:D

I have spent much time on there reading the posts

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom