H-Valve used for doubles setup???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP take a drive to fillexpress and ask them if it is a good idea.

I'm thinking of setting up a cascade blending system on my lower body. Pure Helium goes on my right calve, pure Oxygen goes on my left, both in Al80s. These will be diffused through intermediate cylinders on my thighs (lp72s) and then into my backgas, which will be manifolded Y valve 3CF spare airs (allowing for fast mixing).

Real-time blended gas without the hassle of a rebreather.

I like it but we will need volunteers to test this. Maybe we can use something like this
Rubber Duckie Designs Nitrox Controller, an Automated Control System for Blending Enriched Air Nitrox (EANx) for SCUBA and make a canister battery pack for it. I think the extra cables could really help tie everything together.

SWEET!

It's getting kinda big though, so maybe I'll haul the tanks and you haul the control unit. Buddy system and all that jazz.

You all laugh now. When this becomes THE standard DIR set up everyone will be signing up for this training.

You all laugh now. When this becomes THE standard DIR set up everyone will be signing up for this training.

And everyone will be praising it and telling how genius this setup is and talking about the length of the whip hose and how to route it properly. :shocked2:

If you don't mind my asking...and not to derail the thread too far off topic, but which certifying agency allows for deco during their Advanced Nitrox training? Just trying to satisfy my curiosity :)

None of them.

You'll get use to his responses and take them with a pound of salt.

That's what I thought :D

Some of them wordsmith there way into calling stage decompression "NDL extension." Maybe that's what he meant?

I don't know.

Some of them wordsmith there way into calling stage decompression "NDL extension." Maybe that's what he meant?

I don't know.

I'm familiar with TDI's program, not so much with the others he has trained with according to his profile: "PADI, PDIC, TDI, and Meow!"

Maybe he can enlighten us to which it was.

My TDI issued Deco Procedures card reads;

"Qualified to conduct dives for staged decompression to 150 fsw/45 msw."

My TDI issued Advanced Nitrox card states only that I am qualified to use O2 up to 100%.

Back
Top Bottom