Gunilda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just returned from a week diving the Gunilda, on the north side of Lake Superior. The beauty of this wreck is stunning. These photos don't even come close to doing it justice, but I thought I'd share a few. We were diving with Greg Such, Shipwreck Adventures, and had a great time. Shipwreck Adventures

Attachments

• DSC00003.jpg
    DSC00003.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC00005.jpg
    DSC00005.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 298
  • DSC00016.JPG
    DSC00016.JPG
    378 KB · Views: 143
Here ae a few more shots

Attachments

• DSC00019.JPG
    DSC00019.JPG
    397 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC00024.jpg
    DSC00024.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC00021.jpg
    DSC00021.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 105
Wow! Great vis and stunning condition! No zebra mussel encrustation to speak of.

Can you share some stats like depth and water temp at depth?

Gunilda sits in about 250 feet and the water temps in northern Lake Superior are always cold. Of course there are thermoclines in shallower water to make deco more enjoyable.

Can you share some stats like depth and water temp at depth?

Depth to the mud - 265', the deck is at 250'. Temp on bottom averaged around 39, first thermocline at approx 140' - high 40's and warming to 58 from 40' to the surface.

Nice. I can only imagine how ethereal it must have been to dive her on a rebreather.

It looks like there wasn't much ambient light(?) - how many and how big where the strobes that you used to take the photographs?

Nice. I can only imagine how ethereal it must have been to dive her on a rebreather.

It looks like there wasn't much ambient light(?) - how many and how big where the strobes that you used to take the photographs?

I dove it on OC gear. Wasn't quite ready for these depths on the rebreather -- next year.

Their is no ambient light after 180 ft or so. I used dual 21W hid's on my video camera and these were taken off the video footage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom