Guimaras Oil Spill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geeze, that's terrible Jon. Do they know where the slick is headed?

Diver Dennis:
Geeze, that's terrible Jon. Do they know where the slick is headed?

the coast guard chief during the interview said parts of panay and possibly boracay are at risk depending on prevailing currents . PCG, Petron and Shell teams are headed there already to contain the mess.

You know what the worst part is? It's what the so-called authorities do not know. Like they don't even have a detailed spill map, satellite pictures or helicopters to monitor its movements. All they can do now is "speculate" that it'll "probably" hit Panay, Bora et al. Christ they can't even be sure how much oil is spilling out because they can't send a survey probe down there. I figure that their "oil recovery boom" can cover a pitiful fraction of the spill.

Sure they always have the "no money" response when this is pointed out but are'nt we getting more than a little sick and tired of it?

any update on this? that'll suck if the spill hits the pristine beaches of Boracay!

Saddleback:
You know what the worst part is? It's what the so-called authorities do not know. Like they don't even have a detailed spill map, satellite pictures or helicopters to monitor its movements. All they can do now is "speculate" that it'll "probably" hit Panay, Bora et al. Christ they can't even be sure how much oil is spilling out because they can't send a survey probe down there. I figure that their "oil recovery boom" can cover a pitiful fraction of the spill.

Sure they always have the "no money" response when this is pointed out but are'nt we getting more than a little sick and tired of it?

yup. i recall their boom is only about 300 meters as mentioned in the radio interview. :shakehead

shugar:
it's a NEW spill??? there was a spill off guimaras last march/april... it was contained pretty quickly and did not reach bora

a photog friend of mine covered it from the air

Jag

yes, just last week. this one is 2million liters of bunker oil

Back
Top Bottom