guess what i found

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wazza,

I recommend you check the "use by" date on the container and also find out how this batch has been stored. We bought four 5 gallon buckets from the Army and tried to use it in our RB80's. First dive, it disintigrated into dust. Nearly took one of us out in a bad way.

Went back and found out it had been stored in a shed with no ventilation and had been subjected to many hot summers. We trashed the entire batch. Found out the Army was trying to get rid of it because they had stocked up on DraegerSorb.

Supply clerks have no idea that just since an item hasn't gone past its shelf life, doesn't mean it is still necessarily good.

We learned that finding a "good deal" wasn't such a good deal.

CrazyC

I don't think there are stupid questions. It's stupid not to ask them when they come up.

Not everyone has the time, money, availability or even dersire to get certified on a RB. Doesn't mean that there is no intrest to know more about, in general or specificly. The only time I think it's okay to put the brakes on someone's desire to get answers is if they intend to pass on proper certification. (and Waza stated before that he had no intend of doing that)

Anybody else ask, that's what the boards are for and what make them so much fun to join. Nice thing if you have some knowledge is you realize how much you don't know. Makes for better questions, if to your instructor or the boards. Might even help you find a good one by asking them the same questions when the time comes.

:wink: Stefan

... Stephan, I'm not having a go at Wazza and I never used the term "stupid" in any posting. :wink:

There are, as you imply, no stupid questions, only stupid answers. And Wazza has clearly stated his position now, so I'm off to sleep in my nest for the winter ... well, summer ... or whatever ... :D

K.

PS! If you have any more info on the alleged two very recent diver deaths on the Goya (only found last week!) please give me a shout. I can't find any info so far on any German news site. DS. :(

Found the requested info with the help of a Polish-speaking mate on a Scandinavian forum. Sadly, it seems deep air has claimed another two victims yesterday in the Baltic. My heartfelt condolences to their kin in Holland, Germany and Poland. I really wish people did 80m+ wreck dives on trimix ...

K. :(

PS! Should have been "Stefan" of course, my mistake in the spelling. Sorry!:stupid:

Back
Top Bottom