GUE Fundies: What an Amazing Class!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On a serious side, I really wanted to tell you how proud I am of you. I cannot believe how much you have grown as a cold water diver, and so quickly!

I will not forget your first cold water dive last April in Monterey when, covered in borrowed neoprene, you amazed us all by slipping into the 47F 2’vis water on a particularly bad condition day.

I was sure you were going to hang up your cold water fins for good. And we all were shocked when you came out with that big smile, telling us how cool the new surrealistic scuba world was and wanting a drysuit.

Now, this was coming from a girl that had been spoiled in 85F+ water at some of the best sites in SE Asia, and Monterey with 2’ vis was cool? What gives, who is this girl?

Later I was privileged to be one of your teammates for Essentials under the guidance of Don, and then I was really blessed to have gotten to dive with you after your exposure to so many other great DIR divers.

In such a short time, you have taught me so many new skills, I am so grateful to that. I really respect how much of a safe diver you are, and that has really shaped the type of diver I want to become.

On a serious side, I really wanted to tell you how proud I am of you. I cannot believe how much you have grown as a cold water diver, and so quickly!

I will not forget your first cold water dive last April in Monterey when, covered in borrowed neoprene, you amazed us all by slipping into the 47F 2’vis water on a particularly bad condition day.

I was sure you were going to hang up your cold water fins for good. And we all were shocked when you came out with that big smile, telling us how cool the new surrealistic scuba world was and wanting a drysuit.

Now, this was coming from a girl that had been spoiled in 85F+ water at some of the best sites in SE Asia, and Monterey with 2’ vis was cool? What gives, who is this girl?

Later I was privileged to be one of your teammates for Essentials under the guidance of Don, and then I was really blessed to have gotten to dive with you after your exposure to so many other great DIR divers.

In such a short time, you have taught me so many new skills, I am so grateful to that. I really respect how much of a safe diver you are, and that has really shaped the type of diver I want to become.

Mike - I've yet to meet and to dive with Kathy, but I know what you mean in terms of how far she has grown as a cold water diver. I follow her adventures online and am so proud of how far she has come in her diving. Her dedication to, and her love of, diving are both infectious and admirable. I wanna be Kathy when I grow up. :D

:rofl3: Yeah, that was a memorable dive!! :D

Mike - I've yet to meet and to dive with Kathy, but I know what you mean in terms of how far she has grown as a cold water diver. I follow her adventures online and am so proud of how far she has come in her diving. Her dedication to, and her love of, diving are both infectious and admirable. I wanna be Kathy when I grow up. :D

You two are so sweet! I couldn't have made the cold water transition without supportive friends such as yourself and so many more here and on the boards.

Sam, talk about passion for diving? Look in the mirror! Without a doubt you'll be up to speed in your new drysuit and doubles in no time once your season opens :)! I love hearing about your adventures too! It's great to have a scuba sister! Someday soon we really need to finally meet up and go diving :)!

Mike, that is very kind of you to say, it seems as though you and Kathy are quite a team in diving:D I like that when 2peopel sink in the same way, good for the both of you.

Mike, that is very kind of you to say, it seems as though you and Kathy are quite a team in diving:D I like that when 2peopel sink in the same way, good for the both of you.

Funny, for the most part we've actually not been diving deeper than 35', but MG's been a devoted mid-week practice buddy with a camera which has benefited us both greatly :). It's been great to watch his growth. Thanks Mike!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom