GUE Fundies: What an Amazing Class!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats Kathy!! Very good accomplishement:cool2::D I can not wait to take mine this summer with Bob Sherwood.

Good for you Kathy!

You're one tough senorita.

When I see you carrying double tanks , I feel like such a wimp.

You're one awesome diver!

Awe Bogie, You're a sweetie. We all start somewhere. You're now in a drysuit independantly diving cold, low vis water and so much further along than I was when I had the same number of logged dives and was still in a 3mm following DM's around in SE Asia (which wasn't half-bad) :).

Give it 6 months and I bet you will be in your own dubs!

Hey, now that I'm not tied up with practice; shoot me a PM if you ever want to get out for some diving!

Last edited:
Kathy - Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I have been wondering what path I should take next in my scuba education, and your beautifully-written account of the GUE Fundies course will help me a lot in my decision. Most of all, congratulations! Divers like you make me proud to be a diver!

Thanks Mike! Your words are touching! If I included all the Fundies course content in my original post, it would have been pages and pages. Suffice to say I think you will be amazed with what is packed into those long days!

Congrats Kathy!! Very good accomplishement:cool2::D I can not wait to take mine this summer with Bob Sherwood.

You're in for a treat! Rumor has it Bob (much like Beto) is quite an instructor :)! I can't wait to read your class report!

Last edited:
I dedicated this small video clip by paraphrasing the words to the adventures of Kathy D. Watch the video and substitute my entries below. So proud of you K, you became an inspiration to me, to become a safer diver. :)

(Click on to view on youtube, minimize, then read the paraphrase)

In the year, 2010 Beto launched another Fundies class, aboard this compact group, a female diver Kathy D. was to experience GUE training beyond all comprehension, in a freak mishap, her life support system drysuit, were frozen by temperatures beyond imagination, Kathy D was blown into training, a training 1,000 times more vast, a training that returned Kathy D, to Earth 500 times better diver than before.

I dedicated this small video clip by paraphrasing the words to the adventures of Kathy D. Watch the video and substitute my entries below. So proud of you K, you became an inspiration to me, to become a safer diver. :)

(Click on to view on youtube, minimize, then read the paraphrase)

In the year, 2010 Beto launched another Fundies class, aboard this compact group, a female diver Kathy D. was to experience GUE training beyond all comprehension, in a freak mishap, her life support system drysuit, were frozen by temperatures beyond imagination, Kathy D was blown into training, a training 1,000 times more vast, a training that returned Kathy D, to Earth 500 times better diver than before.

Can not log onto it Mike. :shakehead:

Hey congrats, it was fun doing the video for you guys in the 5' viz waters. I loved how easy it was to video as the team stayed in nice formation which made it easy for me to be in position.

I'm not sure how easy it was to keep up with us in that vis, your efforts were quite impressive :)! Thanks so much for your ongoing support & mentoring Doc! Let's go diving :D!!

So proud of you K, you became an inspiration to me, to become a safer diver. :)

Mike, it's been great watching you grow into a safer diver both before and after our Essentials class together.

Last edited:
Congrats Kathy! You've worked hard and have truly earned it! Let's get in the water soon!

Nice report. Very informative and inspiring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom