GUE Fundamentals - It's go time!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Make sure to remember "I'm Having fun here" when your in 6' at Ginnie for day one. It's actually one of the best parts, honestly... Next make sure to keep focused AND have fun when your doing S- and Valve drills. relax and do it SLOWWWWWW. above all listen to what Doug has to say... and keep a smile and be open during video's.

It'll make a lot of sense soon.

Enjoy - wish i was helping with the class.

For reference the cadillac has a full sized fridge in each room. But you can walk to the high springs diner from there or the Country Inn and get a discount for being a diver.

2. Learn.

I had a "glorious" air sharing ascent during Fundies, where I got into an uncontrolled ascent - feet first - and attempted a "modified" tuck and roll to save it and promptly yanked the shared reg out of my poor buddy's mouth. On the swim back to shore I was silently typing up the eBay add in my head: "lightly used dive gear for sale cheap". And while the dive was clearly not my finest hour :D, the fact that I kept beating myself up over it the rest of the day - and then some - was the much bigger mistake.

3. Laugh.

Thanks folks....keep them coming. :D

And,yeah, I'm pretty much clicking like on every post on this thread except my own. Why not? Great advice and support deserves a like.

A little over a day before we leave Texas and class begins Monday.

---------- Post added February 14th, 2013 at 08:46 PM ----------

Make sure to remember "I'm Having fun here" when your in 6' at Ginnie for day one. It's actually one of the best parts, honestly... Next make sure to keep focused AND have fun when your doing S- and Valve drills. relax and do it SLOWWWWWW. above all listen to what Doug has to say... and keep a smile and be open during video's.

It'll make a lot of sense soon.

Enjoy - wish i was helping with the class.

For reference the cadillac has a full sized fridge in each room. But you can walk to the high springs diner from there or the Country Inn and get a discount for being a diver.

We are staying at the Hydro Lodge. We like the idea of having our "own" place with space, kitchen, laundry room, etc. But thanks for the pointers....if we have time we might check these places out.

7. Relax

Replied using Tapatalk. Please forgive my typing.

---------- Post added February 15th, 2013 at 01:49 PM ----------

8. Be well rested. They are big days.

Replied using Tapatalk. Please forgive my typing.

9. Find out what hours the laundromat is open.

HydroLodge is a great place to stay, but they don't have a drier, so if you have any leaks . . . you're wet until you can actually get to the laundromat when it's open, which is neither often nor intuitive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom