GUE DIR Fundamental in Phoenix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stephen Ash:

Classic thread, perhaps we should have it moved in here for nostalgia sake :D, some things apparently never change. And if anybody took my reply as implying the class was too expensive, it was not meant that way, it was meant as not in my budget right now :D Based on my previous searches the price is the going rate, wish I could've taken it in 2003 :wink: I could probably swing that.

So did you actually have the class? The thread just dies :(

-Garrett

With many apologies to MHK, that mission was scrubbed.

We did manage to run 3 DIRF classes in 03 & 04, all full, but it was hard getting folks to cross the LDS boundries. We even had 3 people come in from New Mexico for one class.

AZTEK DIVER:
We did manage to run 3 DIRF classes in 03 & 04, all full, but it was hard getting folks to cross the LDS boundries. We even had 3 people come in from New Mexico for one class.

I think you all started out with more people that were interested in DIR. I was the ONLY one at my shop that was into it. In fact, for a LONG time most of the folks in my shop... especially the ones that made the decisions... believed DIR and GUE to be a joke. I was definitely alone. I got little to no support from the shop and even less here.

I hear ya, it took alot of planing and a year of prep to get enough interest going. Sounds like it's coming to town again, get your check book out and do it. Joke, I know you've got a date with Fernando.

I'm pretty darned interested....if this happens feel free to PM me. I'm just a little concerned about the price (I'm trying to save up for school). If there's a high interest, will the price come down?

Trianii:
If there's a high interest, will the price come down?
No it will only go up from the base, # of students will determine the extra amount you have to pay for the instructor's travel & expenses. I figured around $600-650, once you add instructor expenses, the book, possible LDS fee, fills, lake fees, etc. If it's less great, but I'd budget for about that, more if you need to rent the proper gear, tanks, etc.

Wish I had the cash lying around to do this course, i have been wanting to do this for a few years, but it wasn't in my area back on the east coast of Canada, and now I have most of the gear I need to do this, but no cash due to taxes and a dive trip to the bahamas, guess I will have to wait a few more months and just venture out to cali to get it done.

Steve

There will be a GUE Fundamentals Class in Phx, April 13th, 14th, and 15th.
The instructor is Steve White.
There are only 3 openings left.

Cost Breakdown per student:
$450 for the class (this includes the cert card fee)
$100 per student for all Steve's expenses (getting here, food, and lodging)
$24 for the book-order it on www.GUE.com
The class room and pool sessions will be held at a private residence (no charge).
The dives will be done at Lake Pleasant, so $5-6 fee to get in.

It is the responsibility of the students to supply their own equipment.

To register for the class and to get the class requirements you must go to www.GUE.com. On the left side click log in/Join (no fee to join)
Then on the bottom left side, you will see the link to GUE Class schedule.
Pick the class GUE Fundamentals on the left side and Stephen A White as an instructor on the right side.
Click on Register/Info click.

PM me if you have any additional questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom