GUE Cave 2 and Tech 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

I'm wondering as a cave 2 divers, your limits is 30m (100ft) deep caves. If you separately being taught tech 1 (not in overhead environment), does it allows you to have the skill set to dive caves that are deeper than 30m?

Thanks

The problem with the question posed is that Cave 2 is not limited to 30 meters. Training dives are limited to that depth for obvious reasons, as is RB80. No one would argue that RB80 training is not designed to equip divers to dive below recreational depths but training takes place in that environment.

With all courses, train hard then increase depth progression slowly.

The problem with the question posed is that Cave 2 is not limited to 30 meters. Training dives are limited to that depth for obvious reasons, as is RB80. No one would argue that RB80 training is not designed to equip divers to dive below recreational depths but training takes place in that environment.

With all courses, train hard then increase depth progression slowly.

I think you are right.. I guess i phrase the question incorrectly. I think regardless if it is a cave 1 or cave 2, a person can dive deeper caves provided he/she is trained to dive beyond 30m. Well, I think the general consensus is to add complexity slowly after we are comfortable at our training requirements. Thanks a lot for all your advice =DD

Cave 1 for deeper caves is a no-go.

Youre brand new at that point and really have no business getting into deco and doing deeper dives.

cave one is specifically no deco, simple mainline diving.

AJ is correct. Cave 1 is no deco and certainly does not equip you for the deeper caves.

I was tech 2 before cave 2 and still learned a great deal on my cave 2 which I needed as my cave diving progressed.

I see. Thanks for all the information. I guess even in cave 1 level, there are many stuff to explore and have fun.. Till later probably I'll think of cave 2 and deeper caves =D

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom