GSD Pioneer rebuild attempt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I picked up a GSD S-300 as well. It is internally identical to the Pioneer.

The body is slightly different shape, and unfortunately it uses a proprietary mouthpiece that cannot easily be replaced with any standard mouthpiece. The internal parts are in great shape, so I will keep them as backup for the Pioneer.

As a side note, a Salvas Pro SR 400 regulator appears to be a rebranded S-300. I had my eyes on a SR 400 until finding the mouthpiece problem.

View attachment 623297
View attachment 623298
Okay, rest of the photos for who is interested.......
P1060678.JPG
P1060680.JPG
P1060682.JPG
P1060687.JPG

The condition of the seat would certainly explain the high IP.:)

Interesting about the lack of spring, for comparison I wish the Lola site had a bit more parts detail for their first stage. There are many similarities, I wonder if the spring could be missing from this one?

I am glad it found a home with someone who appreciates the design. Thanks for sharing the breakdown pictures!

I wonder if that ridged metal diaphragm was both diaphragm and spring?

The condition of the seat would certainly explain the high IP.:)

Interesting about the lack of spring, for comparison I wish the Lola site had a bit more parts detail for their first stage. There are many similarities, I wonder if the spring could be missing from this one?

I am glad it found a home with someone who appreciates the design. Thanks for sharing the breakdown pictures!

Yes, the 'condition' of the HP seat might have had to do with the slightly higher than specs (60psi) IP........:wink:
This configuration didn't need the light spring to keep the HP seat synchronized in position, because it was bonded to the poppet stem instead of 'floating' as in the Lola Museum Pioneer 1st configuration.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom