• Weekend of August 24th-25th

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Weekend of August 31st-September 1st

• Weekend of September 7th-September 8th

• Weekend of September 14th-September 15th

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • None of these are good for me (please post your preferred date in this case)

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'm still renting gear... which means i have to pick it up today (saturday) from my local shop since they're not open sunday ... which means i'm out a lot of rental money if we cancel sunday AM.

i was able to find a shop in NH that is open on sunday, that way i could rent from them on my way there. so if we cancel sunday morning, i won't be out anything since i won't have rented yet. i think this is a good solution. BUT, if we end up going, the shop isn't open by the time the boat gets back, which makes it hard to return the gear. and since i live 3+ hrs from the shop, i'd have to miss work to be able to return it on monday.

so here's the big favor: anyone on the boat live in or near hampton, NH who wants to return gear for me? yikes, its a lot to ask i know. i just hate to pay to rent gear and not use it though. so if someone lives right there and doesn't mind helping me out, thats great. if not, i guess i'll rent local and chance it.

chris

It will be wet, but the seas should be just fine:

TODAY
S WINDS 10 TO 20 KTS WITH A FEW HIGHER GUSTS
EARLY...BECOMING SW LATE THIS MORNING. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. VSBY 1 TO 3
NM IN SHOWERS OR THUNDERSTORMS AND BELOW 1 NM IN AREAS OF FOG.

Ken... aka Chicken Little, reports 1 ft seas by visual inspection.

If you have a tendancy to get queezy on a boat, you may want to take something... there won't be much of a horizon to focus on.

See you all soon!

Talked to Capt. Rob a couple times. First was him passing the 'you're call' to me. Second was me passing it back to him.

He is seeing white caps, and gale force winds, and doesn't feel it will be safe. He has a perfect record and doesn't want to risk that.

So it's called.

I'm heading out there anyway, since I didn't get in touch with flyingsherpa, and Ken and Lisa are out there anyway. So I'm planning the backup plan of football and drinking! :)

Rob gave me a few dates, and I'll throw 'em up in a new poll shortly...

So what happened in this thread? Was another trip/date scheduled and if so, how was the trip?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom