Grier!!!! Florida Conchs newest Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baitedstorm

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
WooooHoooo!!!!! :cheering: I just received a message on my cell phone from Grier annoucing he has passed his IE. I'm waiting for the details from hell week, but from what I understand, he did excellent..

Congrats buddy, now get your butt back down here and dive with us!! :10:

woo hoo!

way to go Grier!

Yeah! What she said:

Congrats!

Now, come on down & strut your stuff! :fruit:

Way to go Grier :wave-smil Cheers to you :cheers:

Wildbill :usa_2:

What a great bunch of friends! You guys have no idea how much all the moral support means.

The bottom line on the experience - the IDC absolutely sucked! Long days of class and pool work, constant harrassment, no meal breaks, no time to leave the facility for anything. I spent the first 6 days with just me and my CD, MI and one IDC staff instructor. Two other guys that had dropped out from an earlier IDC in May joined me for the last 4 days, and things continually improved from then on.

When it came time for the IE, it was a breeze. The examiner was a very genteel guy, offering valid coaching points in a constructive fashion, and the two days of testing flew by! Yesterday, I was getting perfect numbers on my exercises...

After the graduation, I put my gear back on, swam out over the quarry wall, and just hovered for 45 minutes, floating, blowing bubble rings, doing that little upside-down thing, and, in general, reminding myself of why I stayed with the program.

You know, this scuba thing is a lot of fun, and a great thing to share with other people. And look at the kind of friends you meet!!!

All the best to everbody down south. Let's go diving together soon...

-Grier
PADI OWSI 193906

Congratulations Grier

AWESOME!
Sorry I missed your call! Me and Ms Pina Colada were floating in the pool (the morning dive was blown out) and I didn't hear the phone ring. Funny thing was that I was thinking about you and that I needed to call. Telephathy! Wonderful thing!
Big congrats kisses!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom