Grey compound on Scubapro A700 inlet (pic)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sigh...

1. You don't lube those threads.

2. The manufacturer doesn't lube those threads.

3. Those threads are not exposed to gas whether that is nitrox or air or oxygen.

4. You only need to lube the o rings on the swivel and then only very lightly. You don't need to gob it on all over so that it gets all over the threads.

5. I can go to any bnib reg in my shop, whip the 2nd stage off the interstage hose and find no lube on those threads.

Sigh...

1. You don't lube those threads.

2. The manufacturer doesn't lube those threads.

3. Those threads are not exposed to gas whether that is nitrox or air or oxygen.

4. You only need to lube the o rings on the swivel and then only very lightly. You don't need to gob it on all over so that it gets all over the threads.

5. I can go to any bnib reg in my shop, whip the 2nd stage off the interstage hose and find no lube on those threads.

I lube those threads. I lube all threads that are or may be exposed to salt water except those which are operated regularly and dirt pickup may be a problem (like yoke screws and din threads). Along with good soakings after SW use, it helps prevent the formation of verdigris and deposits that can make disassembly difficult.

It would appear that Scubapro did lube those threads. Are you a Scubapro dealer?

Scubapro DOES lube those threads and others, with generous amounts of Christolube, to facilitate removal during service. I get lots of Scubapro regulators that are in for the first service with Christolube on just about every thread (even ones with torque specs).

fishpie and awap nailed it. What's there is fine, no need to add lube to the hose or reg, or to remove what's there.

If you simply must go cleaning inside the valve tube, make sure you don't disturb the orifice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom