Greetings to all " the lurker comes forth"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heavy Breather

Registered
Reaction score
:11ztongue I just started following this board to get a feel for it.
So here goes. Iv'e put information into my profile as suggested but have yet to insert a suitible photo. Maybe by the end of the day.

At present I have 6 weeks vacation coming and 3 will be in Cayman, and 2 in Bikini Atoll. Yes it's taken me a few years to get to Bikini but finally the TDI Tech group has organized an expedition to Bikini in Sept. for 2 weeks. Last major trip I joined was to Truk last year with 12 other Closed Circuit Rebreather divers. Anyone interested in the results of that trip I'll be happy to forward them my lecture that I wrote for the club.

My problem in the last few years is finding trips that include singles, AND is real tech diving. A few years ago I have talked to a fellow instructor about setting up a tech diver data base for trips around the world just for tech divers. Not always hard core stuff but something to keep everyone interested. I'm looking to get back to Galapagoes next May/05. There is a new livaboard out there and maybe I check it out. The group plans to head north up to Darwin and Wolf Rocks. Thats where all the action was last time. Any way I gotta go.
I'll post a report of Zero Gravity and Bikini Atoll when I get back.
GS aka Heavy Breather.

Welcome aboard, HB.

Your skill level is way above mine, but I love hearing trip reports. I have dreams of going tech someday in the dark and distant future, and CCR seems to be a great way to extend bottom time.

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

Oh yeah - give our Single forum a try.

:D

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

DIR???? STROKER all the way!!!!

Welcome to the board! Good luck finding a buddy with similar training and experience. There can't be too many of you out there!

Best wishes and safe ascents,
Grier

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

I imagine that you'll be able to find people to dive here with that have similar training and equipment.

It sounds like maybe one of your best options might even be to plan some trips with like minded people from around the world. You may find that some of them could get the same time off as yourself.

Of course, you may even be able to hook up with like minded people that actually live where you are going. Then you'd have a buddy and a built in tour guide. :wink:

Dive safe!

Christian

Hello from Matt,

Welcome to SB! :scatter: I came here to look for help with my scuba diving dream and the response has been fantastic. So, I know you will enjoy being a member here.
There are a lot of nice and informative scuba divers. It's a good place to meet other divers and share experiences and dreams. Take care from Matt. :snorkels:

hey there and welcome to scuba board!

i am sorry i cant help you with our certian predicament- but i would suggest posting in the Tech Diver section and the Singles section. you sound really up there- i hope i get up there with you one day! rebreathers sound really interesting......

well i hope you find what you are looking for and good luck finding it!

Zack

I just joined the boards too. The "Dan Grenier Missing at Sea" thread got me here since I've dove with Dan in Fiji. I'm headed to Palau, Majuro, and then Bikini myself next week. Will be in Bikini in late Oct. I'll look forward to your report when I return & I'll post mine.

Back
Top Bottom