greetings from the sunshine state

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England USA
Have fun here and Dive Safe.....................Arduous

Welcome aboard hitomi316... I'm new to this forum and diving as well. I'm 31 and feel the same way you do.. wished I had done it sooner...

Welcome to the net's best scuba discussion group, hitomi316! I envy you being in the middle of a "diving playground" while I'm stuck here in the middle of endless cornfields.

A good friend of ours, one of my wife's best friends, is named Hitomi; any significance to your username?

Have fun and dive often!

Chris

hi chris, yep this is the name i was born with. "big brown eyes " so this is what mom tells me. so you dive and live in iowa? hmmm..... happy diving!!:thumb:

Hi Hitomi316,

I'm glad to see another beginner so old? Just kidding -- my mother always said, "Life begins at 40." So that's when I got my OW certification. Yeah, I wish I'd done it sooner!

all the best from Brooklyn,

Dancer

I wish I would have done it sooner as well, but think back to what I was doing when I was younger and know that I am alot SAFER now then I would have been then!! :wink:

...sounds Japanese.

Welcome to the board. Live, dive, have fun : )

yep you got me thinking..it's probably a good thing i waited because i feel that i'm probably safer now than what i would have been! oh, and the name is japanese: so am i.......lol:hmmm:

I guess I'd better say "Hello & welcome aboard" to all you "young pups". I started diving last summer (2001) at 52. I have my OW, AOW from last summer and my Nitrox this summer. So if anyone here started late it was my husband and myself (both last summer and both at 52). I want to say to anyone out there that if you are healthy, your probably never to old. My instructor told me a story about a friend of his who got his first social security check at 62 and decided to take scuba lessons. He succeeded and is still diving at 70+ years of age.

Of course, I will always wish I had started earlier, but you can't change the past, yet. Maybe when we get a machine that can turn back time, I will go back and start diving in my 20's.

But I still think it is great when all you "young pups" think you might have been "too old". Like I say there are a lot of people out there who get to a stage where they can finally do things they thought they couldn't. If you TRULY want to do something don't ever let a number (your age) stop you. If you are in good enough shape to do it, go for it!!! WHAT YOU WAITIN' FOR???

emeyer36

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom