Greetings from the far-far east-side of Lake Erie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Buffalo, NY - lots of wrecks up this way, quite a few from the 1880's to the 1970's, Quite a few of the wrecks still holding their cargo, it's weird but with some of the wrecks you gotta watch out, one wreck is over 100 years old and the rope rigging is intact and still in place from the masts. Quite a few sunken Warships from the War of 1812 lying around too.... There's quite abit of wrecks just outside Buffalo's Harbor, and in between us and Canada too. Depths vary from 30 feet to 120'.

:11: I think I've been hanging out on the wrong board, The Great Lakes Wrecking Crew seems like everyones from Mich.

Hey There!! You're not far from me!! I go out with Discover Diving a bit. Glad you found us!

Welcome! I grew up in Erie, if that means anything...Am going back this summer to visit (well, that is the plan at this time :))
Welcome to the board. Glad you found us.

Scuba_Jenny:
Welcome! I grew up in Erie, if that means anything...Am going back this summer to visit (well, that is the plan at this time :))
Welcome to the board. Glad you found us.

Ahh, yes very fun there. Gotta love Peach St. :wink:

LOL. I remember when the Millcreek Mall was a farm....oops am I showing my age?? (I was a young kid then)
Didja know the PBS children's series "Arthur" is based in Erie? I saw a show one time when Arthur and crew went to the mall to watch a movie. It had a striking resemblance to the Millcreek Mall!

I've been dying to get up to Lake Erie. I'm in Pittsburgh and hopefully will get on one of the trips this year to go dive up there. I spent last year getting my Advanced, Nitrox and Drysuit training so its time to go have fun. Why more people from here don't go up there, I don't understand. It is a lot closer than some of the other places they trek off to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom