Greetings from St Louis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kingsley Zissou

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Everybody!

I just wanted to chime in and say thanks for all the great info. I have been lurking in the forum shadows for a few weeks now and I decided today to go legit and start contributing.

I live in the St Louis area and I am currently studying and waiting patiently for my OW cert class. My wife is getting certified as well. It was actually her idea to try a discover scuba class that started the whole thing.

We have a great LDS nearby who has helped us with everything so far. Between the staff there and the wise posters here, I have learned a lot already.

Thanks again.

Hi there,and a big welcome to :sblogo:

Keep learing and keep wet :D

Hi-
I'm up in North County. If you ever want to go diving, or have some local questions, feel free to PM me.
Tom

Hello; Welcome aboard, 20+ years ago my wive and I did the discovery scuba in key largo. Came back to springfeild, Mo and got certified. Hope you and yours have as much FUN diving as we do!!!!

Welcome to SB. The regional travel sections are full of great info as you most likely already discovered.

Good luck with your course,

Arizona

Welcome to
:sblogo:
diveflag.gif
A special welcome to another St. Louisian. Congrats on getting your Cert. What shop are you going through? The Great American, West End, Midwest, Wikiki ... ?

What shop are you going through? The Great American, West End, Midwest, Wikiki ... ?

We are going through TGADC in St Charles. Doing our open water dives at Mermet Springs. Can't wait!:D

Mermet is a great place to get wet. They have a ton of stuff in there. Look them up on line ... very cool place.

The people there are very nice and go out of their way so you'll have a good dive. From helping repair a free flowing reg, to offering a reg to use, to giving some great potato soup to a very hungry person after diving all day! Glen the owner is a way cool person.

Ask when you go is there a chance on playing any Buffet tunes on the underwater sound system!

Tell me when you get done how you enjoyed it!

If you can for around $30 you can get a camera to record pictures for your first dives. Look at the Great American Dive Co. are on the net. Make sure you get one with a flash and good to 100ft. (35mm reloadable)

Again ... good luck ... have fun ... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom