Greetings from Portland, OR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

impmanpdx

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hello Divers!

My name is Cory and I am not a diver myself. I do; however, come from a long line of sea people (my dad is an Unlimited Master) and some that are indeed divers. Currently many of my outdoor activities are above on on the water. At heart I'm more of a tinkerer and engineer, and as such I intend to connect and collaborate with people in order to develop and improve some diving equipment. There is also always Lost Lake which is absolutely a bucket list dive for anyone in the Portland area and totally worth getting my certification for even if I just use it once!

Welcome to ScubaBoard. One thing to consider if you tinker...divers rely on their equipment at serious depths, even at the recreational level (which is where I'm at). Technical divers may get into decompression diving, where it's simply not safe to fin on up to the surface if things go wrong (and for that reason they carry some redundant equipment). My point is, be careful if you tinker with something somebody will rely on.

That said, scuba diving can open up something of a new world to you.

Richard.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. One thing to consider if you tinker...divers rely on their equipment at serious depths, even at the recreational level (which is where I'm at). Technical divers may get into decompression diving, where it's simply not safe to fin on up to the surface if things go wrong (and for that reason they carry some redundant equipment). My point is, be careful if you tinker with something somebody will rely on.

That said, scuba diving can open up something of a new world to you.

Richard.
Thank you for the welcome!

My profile is a little limited from just joining but I have considerable experience with recreational and commercial diving in a support role. The company I worked for: Buccaneer Marine Ltd out of Ventura, CA, did quite a bit of work for Chevron before Carpinteria got shut down. I'm actually working on something new to get cave divers out of a pinch but I could use some advice on deep water engineering because everything seems good on paper until it's 20 fathoms down.

Glad to start to get to know the community!

~Cory

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom