Greetings from Monterey, CA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mgrimmer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everybody,

Many greetings from beautiful Monterey, CA.
I always heard that Monterey Bay is among the best dive locations in the world but never really experienced it until recently. I got certified last month (did both OW and AOW) and can't wait now to explore the underwater world - wherever it might be.

If you're in the area and you're willing to take a beginner out with you, let me know. Would be great. I look forward to meeting you!*

Michael :sharkattack:

*Alas, I won't have time this weekend to go to the Meet & Greet here; hopefully next time.

Hello everybody,

Many greetings from beautiful Monterey, CA.
I always heard that Monterey Bay is among the best dive locations in the world but never really experienced it until recently. I got certified last month (did both OW and AOW) and can't wait now to explore the underwater world - wherever it might be.

If you're in the area and you're willing to take a beginner out with you, let me know. Would be great. I look forward to meeting you!*

Michael :sharkattack:

*Alas, I won't have time this weekend to go to the Meet & Greet here; hopefully next time.

Michael.

Welcome to the board and to diving!!

Congrats on your cert.

We are down there quite often and would be more then happy to have you join , So on the next trip I will let you know!!

We are down there quite often and would be more then happy to have you join , So on the next trip I will let you know!!

Great! Thanks a lot, Jim.

Welcome to Scubaboard :)

I wish I got do dive Monterey more. The North Coast is 50 minutes away and Monterey is 2 1/2 hours. So for us your home is a treat. Enjoy diving in one of the more spectacular places on this planet.

Welcome-12-june.gif

Welcome to ScubaBoard! Sorry you weren't able to make it to the M&G but there will be another in July.... I think that's when it is. Keep your eyes posted on the boards!

Last edited:
A belated Thank you all for the welcome!

I wish I got do dive Monterey more. The North Coast is 50 minutes away and Monterey is 2 1/2 hours. So for us your home is a treat.

My wife's family is in the Bay Area. Perhaps we can arrange something for a North Coast dive when I am up there visiting at some point. I am sure my in-laws will excuse me for a few hours... :blinking:

Sorry you weren't able to make it to the M&G but there will be another in July.... I think that's when it is. Keep your eyes posted on the boards!

Actually, I was there. :) I even was at Gianni's for pizza afterwards. I was sitting right across from Devin and I am a bit disappointed that he implied I am not cuter than Dan... :rofl3: I look forward to the next MAG.

Drats - I have told a couple of the SB-staff that I should be nominated for the SB-user Idiot of the Week Award - and this just seals the deal! We're diving Saturday (in another thread) at the BW if you want to join in. Be nice to meet you!

Drats - I have told a couple of the SB-staff that I should be nominated for the SB-user Idiot of the Week Award - and this just seals the deal! We're diving Saturday (in another thread) at the BW if you want to join in. Be nice to meet you!

Sarah.

You would have to compete with me for that award.

Seems a few still aren't speaking to me....:lotsalove:

I won't be able to make it this weekend either, As I am the Rescue diver for the American Boat Racing Association at the high speed boat races the entire weekend.

Back
Top Bottom