Greetings from Lake Macquarie, Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

john cootes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, Divers,

I have taken up diving at the "mature" age of sixty. I have completed my rescue diver certification with Padi and have just had my first real dive with Grey Nurse sharks at Forster-Tuncurry on the mid-North coast of New South Wales. During our first dive we saw fifteen magnificent Grey Nurses, three wobbegongs and a group of ten Port Jackson sharks!!!

I took up diving to spend time with my two daughters, who have been keen divers for a number of years. I did the rescue course in case anything happened to my beautiful kids underwater. It was one of the best courses I've done.

Since then we have done the Diver Propulsion Vehicle course together and are preparing to visit Fiji and take in some of the coral reefs that abound in that part of the world. We have been given an introduction to the Dive Tropex outlet at the Sheraton Fiji and are looking forward to the warm waters of the Tropics.

Dive Safety is now one of my main concerns, as much for my own sake as my daughters, so I am happy to have found a web site that offers so much information, not just on that topic but so many others as well.

I hope to be able to forward some fun details of our Fiji vacation, till then ... happy diving. JOHN

I don't think I can think of a better reason to get into Scuba, but I'll be you find some more reasons to enjoy it. :thumb: PM me if I can help you find your way around our Matrix...

don :cowboy:

welcome to the boards!!

Hi John, welcome to SB. Great to hear you have family to dive with and being in your part of the world there are many areas for great diving. Have a great trip to Fiji, and do report back.
David

Welcome to Scubaboard....Your in a great place for diving. I have yet to make it there planned for 2007...I decided to go to Thialand in 2006... Have fun and enjoy...

Hi John, I'm Julieanne from just a bit north of where you are.

My husband (John too ) and I started diving "later" in life as well!! Our teenage daughter did her OW too, and I was looking forward to spending lots of time with her diving.

Have you dived at Julian Rocks, Byron Bay yet, during winter? Last time I was there end of May, we saw Grey Nurse sharks too ( only half as many as you did though) and lots and lots of wobbegongs ( whole families of them).

:D Welcome to Scuba Board john! It’s a good place to go if you are into diving. I enjoy being here. There have been so many people that have offered advice regarding my dream. I hope your question gets answered too. and Safe Diving from Matt. :jump013:

:balloon
Click here to greet a new member!

No experience needed and it feels great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom