Greetings from La Jolla...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To all the lovers of La Jolla diving, yeah it's still just as good. The viz here isn't like what I hear about in the more exotic locations some of you are from but we do have some pretty cool life.

Ravenc, YES! Corvettes is still there! Hasn't changed a bit.

SueMermaid, La Jolla is a great place to live but too darn expensive. The rent I pay for my two bedroom apartment is more than my folks pay for their mortgage on Lake Travis in texas. To me it's worth it though. I toss my gear in the back of my Exterra and drive 5 mins to the beach, suit up, and I'm in the water. Today I did a little snorkeling in front of The Marine Room restaurant which is just north of The Cove. I was surrounded by at least 30 Leopard sharks in 4 feet of water. Happens every year when the water starts to get warmer.

danielle, I was thinking of staying here... If I won the lottery! :D

Natasha, I'll be in Texas in August, beleive it or not. My folks live on the shores of Lake Travis outside of Austin. I was thinking of making the journey down to the gulf to see what it's like.

aso4.....duuuude!

MikeJacobs, not sure about Sushi on the Rock. Have to check that one out since I'm a sushi lover. AS for our Kelp forests, they're healthier than they've been in years. After El Nino left the water got cooler and the Kelp now thrives. Our local population of Giant Black Sea Bass is coming back also.

I can't wait to come to some of the other places you all talk about and see some REAL viz though. If it's 20 - 25 here we all freak!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom