Greetings from Copenhagen..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jacob Carstens

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi guys,
Figured I'd introduce myself..
I'm a late starter - only got my SDI Open Water certificate last summer (2016) at age 44.
So far I've only got 13 dives under my lead belt :wink:. 5 in the cold murky waters off Copenhagen, while completing my certification, and the rest in Hawaii. But I'm on a steep learning curve. April 30 I'm off to Malapascua in the Philippines for a 2 week diving extravaganza, with Thresher Shark Divers, to get my AOW and as many speciality courses as possible.
I don't have have personal equipment yet - the club I joined in Copenhagen has gear I'm borrowing for now. So I'll be seeking advice on what to get in the coming months.
I have bought a uw camera though - the Sealife Micro 2 64 gb with the 1500 lumen Seadragon light.
Tried a few action cams while I was in Hawaii - Intova & Muvi - but decided to go for something more dedicated to the purpose.
So hopefully I'll have some awesome shots to share, when I'm back from the Philippines :D.
Cheers
Jacob

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to ScubaBoard! =)

as many speciality courses as possible

Not sure about SDI but a lot of the PADI specialties are just money grabs. Go for things that actually certify you to do something (like Nitrox), but UW photography for example you could learn on your own for free or through a workshop of sorts while paying only a fraction of the price.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! =)

Not sure about SDI but a lot of the PADI specialties are just money grabs. Go for things that actually certify you to do something (like Nitrox), but UW photography for example you could learn on your own for free or through a workshop of sorts while paying only a fraction of the price.

Thanks - I appreciate the heads-up. But I've chosen Thresher Shark Divers cause they have excellent reviews from both novice and more experienced divers. So given my limited experience, I feel confident that I will benefit from the speciality courses they offer.

Coming to visit your beautiful city later this summer. Although we will not be diving, we are looking forward to enjoying all your city has to offer. Good luck in your diving, and welcome to SB. You have joined a great site with a wealth of information for divers at all experience levels.

Coming to visit your beautiful city later this summer. Although we will not be diving, we are looking forward to enjoying all your city has to offer. Good luck in your diving, and welcome to SB. You have joined a great site with a wealth of information for divers at all experience levels.
Great - you'll love it here - so much going on during the summer months.
Let me know when and maybe we can meet up..

Welcome to Scubaboard.

Side note: I'd recommend waiting to use a camera underwater. Very easy to have task overload as a new diver. Enjoy a large number of more dives as well as more experience in different environments including deeper water before you add in something new like a camera.

Never too late to start. Welcome to SB

Welcome sir

howdy and welcome from southeast florida USA......good luck and enjoy your trip.

Back
Top Bottom