Greetings from Copenhagen..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to Scubaboard.

Side note: I'd recommend waiting to use a camera underwater. Very easy to have task overload as a new diver. Enjoy a large number of more dives as well as more experience in different environments including deeper water before you add in something new like a camera.
Thanks - i appreciate the advice. I already dove with a camera (albeit a crappy one) when I was in Hawaii and I didn't feel that it impaired me. But I will definitely leave it a shore for my upcoming AOW training dives and focus on improving my skills.

Thanks - i appreciate the advice. I already dove with a camera (albeit a crappy one) when I was in Hawaii and I didn't feel that it impaired me. But I will definitely leave it a shore for my upcoming AOW training dives and focus on improving my skills.

It can impair even divers with hundreds of dives. It's not something that happens every dive or every 10 dives. It just takes a few moments of inattention or a surprise for a nasty problem to occur....& then it's too late. (You'll see this warning repeated by a vast number of experienced divers who had this happen to them or saw it happen to others.)

I'm glad you'll be focusing on improving your skills for a bit. Happy diving!

Welcome to SB and congrats on getting your OW cert. I am 44 and I got my OW cert 26 December 2016.

Good luck on your AOW class and prepare yourself to be inundated with tons of knowledge here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom