Greetings from Brazil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lucianaec

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys. I'm a newby from Brazil. I've done my OWD in Santa Catalina, Panama last year and I was very lucky to see 2 gorgeous whale sharks at my second dive! Then I've made my AOWD at Dominican Republic and did two dives at Arraial do Cabo, near Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I still don't feel much confident in the water, I know I need to practice a lot. I plan to go on dives in northern Brazil next month and I dream about going to liveaboard to gain experience. Do you think it's too soon for me to go in a liveaboard? I'd like to go to a place where I can practice and feel safe. I was thinking about Bahamas or any other place at the Carribean. If someone has ideas I'd pleased to know.

Welcome.

You may want to look into Bonaire and Grand Cayman. Both locations have great dives and ample shore diving available. Shore diving with a mentor will allow you to remain more shallow and be more in charge of your dive plan, as well as the dive itself.

Have fun, be safe, stay happy.

Welcome to THE Board. Looking forward to your posts about diving in Brazil (a potential near-term destination for me)

Oi Luciana, seja bem-vinda.

Here in Brazil, I think the most pleasant diving can be had in the Northeast. I've been to Recife once and will be there again soon. The warmth and clarity of the water in that region is much better than in the Southeast.

In the Caribean, I've only dived in Bonaire. The conditions for diving there are great for beginners.

Hey everyone, thanks for the greetings.
Oi Nirvana. I'm going to Barra Grande/Bahia soon, and planning to go to Abrolhos and/or Fernando de Noronha and maybe Bahamas or Bonaire next year I don't know yet... As I live in BSB it's not so easy to dive and I really need to practice so I can feel more confident. I've been reading the board of accidents and incidents and also searching a lot about safety. I need to go and dive whenever I can to get more experience.

Oi Luciana, Tudo bem? Adoro o Brasil, mas todas as minhas viagens foram sobre a Amazon. I have not tried diving it yet. Welcome to the board and to the addiction of diving. My diving has been limited to US Gulf coast and Cozumel, so I can't help with the live aboard question, but I'm sure you will get plenty of support here. Glad you've joined us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom