Greeting from the old man rookie!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ouichef

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone! I'm 47 (8 in Jan) and I just received my cert. This is something I've wanted to do for years and never got to it. I injured myself in Judo & BJJ and when I asked what I could do, one was try water sports...DONE! that was my que. Now I'm researching the 1000's of options of gear out there so I can spend my next several thousand dollars >_< Of course I'll have a 1000 questions but I'm stoked to get started.

Chip Elliot has you beat. He's in his early 60s. I'm a 47 yo rookie and I know a number near my age.

Welcome!

Welcome. I got my OW at 51 (11 years ago). Bought all my stuff right away, most of it used. Rinsing after each dive day made most of it last 10 years or so.

Welcome ouichef! I'm looking forward to my recert. :)

Nice! That's some dedication keeping that gear going so long. Kudos!
vvvvvvvvvv

Welcome. I got my OW at 51 (11 years ago). Bought all my stuff right away, most of it used. Rinsing after each dive day made most of it last 10 years or so.

Last edited:
Welcome to SB. Age is not a barrier to scuba. Learn and enjoy this great forum.

Welcome. Oldest person I trained as an open water diver was 74 - good health and excellent condition.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom