Greenbo lake underwater treasure hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm checking. The state has caused several things to change, and it is making my life dificult.

---------- Post Merged at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:06 PM ----------

The night dive won't be possible. The hrs that diving is open is until 6:00 pm. Like I said, the state.

That's OK, we can still get in two solid dives after the treasure hunt.

Anyone planning on diving after the hunt, I think two guys here are coming along. Anyone is welcome to join us.

Bad news, if you want to dive, you have to come for the treasure hunt $60. The State, in all of their infinite wisdom, has decided that the only people allowed in the water are those paying for the hunt. I am starting to think they don't want this to succeed. If you come and hunt, you can dive after lunch.

Sorry if this causes any of you to not come, but I understand

---------- Post Merged at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:27 PM ----------

If you are going to come. You can call (606) 834-0007 or (606) 923-8800. That is the Greenup county tourism office, they are doing the registration.

Great... One of the local dive rescue teams is supposed to bring their mobile cascade system to fill tanks.

Ok, it's been a week since registration opened for the Greenbo Lake Treasure hunt, and we only have one or two divers registered. Not only is this s chance to win prizes, but also check out and influence a new dive area. Add to that, it will show state officials, and the people against this, what a great thing this dive area can be. We have prizes from companies like Oceanic, Mares, Ikelite, Scuba Life, New Horizons dive center (in Lexington), XS Scuba, Huntington SCUBA, and more. Registration closes on September 30, so time is running out.

Contact Bobby Allen: (606) 834-0007 or (606) 923-8800 to register.

Do we have to pay for it now if we call and register?

---------- Post Merged on September 25th, 2012 at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous Post was on September 24th, 2012 at 09:46 PM ----------

Registered. Bobby said now at slightly over 10 people.

If you call and register, you can send a check or pay on the day. The tourism office's card machine has croaked. So just call and get registered and make sure you set up how you will pay.

Just got a room at the lodge. Only 59.00 a night.
Is there anywhere else to dive in the area?

Diving in the area is limited. The only other place that is decent is about 2 hrs north. It's called Cirvleville twin quarries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom