Greenbo lake underwater treasure hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mullannix930

Contributor
Reaction score
The Greenbo Lake, near Ashland KY, underwater treasure hunt will be October 6th. The price is $60 for divers and will include dive, T-shirt, prizes, and buffet lunch. Non divers are welcom for free, but must pay for lunch if they eat. This is a new dive area and needs all the divers we can get. Registration opens Monday 9/17, and you register by calling the Greenbo Lake state resort park (Jessie Stuart) lodge at (606)473-7324.

Will we be able to dive beyond the treasure hunt? Several of us here in Louisville want to come, but I want to get in at least 3 dives.

Will we be able to dive beyond the treasure hunt? Several of us here in Louisville want to come, but I want to get in at least 3 dives.

This is a very good question. Many people will be making a long drive and will want to dive all day.

I'm working on getting approved for after event diving. For now, here is the rundown on the event.
Times for the Greenbo Treasure Hunt

10:00-11:00am Registration in the lobby of the Lodge
11:15am Safety Briefing in the Conference Center
12:00-1:30pm Treasure Hunt in the lake near the community pool
2:00pm Lunch/Prizes in the Conference Center

Other info
1. Breakfast kiosk will be set up in the lobby to sell sandwiches, fruit, drinks, etc durring registration.
2. Divers pay $60 which inclu...des T-shirt, prizes, and Lunch buffet.
3. Spectators will be charged for meals in the dining room.
4. Apackage rate will be established to encourage divers to come in on Friday and stay one or two nights.

Purpose of the event
1. Provide a test run of the facility for the spring opening.
2. Obtain feedback from divers on facility and set-up.
3. Raise funds for the dive refuge development and improvements.
4. To market the facility to divers and promote the spring opening.

---------- Post Merged on September 14th, 2012 at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous Post was on September 13th, 2012 at 02:58 PM ----------

The registration number has changed. It is now to be done through Greenup county tourism. (606)834-0007. If it changes again, I'm going to quit helping.

Do we have a resolution on the after event diving? The wife is trying to plan something else that weekend, but I would rather go there.

Thanks,
Jerrod

I just got the word. Yes there will be diving available after lunch. We do ask that if you do, you pick up trash if you find it while you are down there. You don't have to, but we would appreciate it.

If you are coming and plan to dive after, please let me know. The number for registration is (606) 834-0007

Earlier you said diving but not in the treasure hunt is 30.00. Is that still true?
I'll bring four tanks. Anyone want to buddy up? I'd like to do a night dive as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom