Green Force Lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hear they're well made, modular, all in all a good light. Honestly though, I think the ribbed machining makes it look super cheap like the old flashlights my dad used to have when I was a kid.

They may look cheap but IMO they're the best made light on the market. The best thing about the GF is that they are completely modular. I owned a Flexi II canister with the HID 50 Pro light head (10W HID). The Flexi II canister is the same size as a DiveRite slim canister so it easier fit on the waist of the harness. I have only have about 30 dives on mine so far and I'm very happy with it. The GF light head are some of the toughess I've seen. The small Diamond back up light are also pretty amazing.
I do admit that some of the battery packs are way too big for my own liking but overall you will be hard press to find a better lighting system.

check it out

www.green-force.com

I just purchased the FIII battery with 21watt HID impact light head, and used it on a recent wreck penetration dive and also night dive just last night, and it was great! On the wreck dive I was able to light up the entire engine room of the Sea Tiger, and during the night dive I was able to compare it to the Halcyon 18watt light, and the difference was significant. the Halcyon's light had a bluish green tone where as mine had a really bright, pure white color to it, also the lens it came with produced a large hot spot and a good size halo to go with it. It was abit too bright for the fish, it kinda pissed them off so I had to avoid pointing the hot spot at them. The only down side is if you have other divers with you with less powerfull lights you'll significantly overpower them and makes it difficult to see them at times. I often had to "muffle" my light to see them. So I think I'll get the 10Watt HID specifically for night dives(Which is the beauty of this sytem).

All in all, the light's quality is second to none, and the customer service is great. If you're intrested check out this website: http://www.mantaind.com/ You can also contact Manta here on the forums.

motorcitydiver:
I'm in the market for a new dive light and i've been hearing a lot about Green Force Lights. Does anyone know anything about them?

Hey Motorcitydiver,

Thanks for your interest in Geen Force. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me; thread, PM or call me.

BTW...What are your needs, i.e burn time, HID, LED, type of diving etc. I can offer my recommendations.

Thanks - Greg

Hey just so nobody thinks I'm too big of an idiot, I originally posted this thread under the general scuba questions thread. This thread got moved to this area last night and I noticed somebody asked the same question in the posting before me. I do know how to read, but still learning to make my way around Scubaboard.

motorcitydiver:
Hey just so nobody thinks I'm too big of an idiot, I originally posted this thread under the general scuba questions thread. This thread got moved to this area last night and I noticed somebody asked the same question in the posting before me. I do know how to read, but still learning to make my way around Scubaboard.
You'll be forgiven if you're buying the first beer. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom